Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn after a bad day at work on the way home I had a close call with a Ford Granada 2.8i. Sat at the lights with a Van behind me the Granada pulled up in the outside lane the road goes down to one lane two hundred yards after the lights. I still had my summer rims and tyres on and it was raining cats and dogs. So the lights change and one a$$ hole cuts across us both turning right from the opposite direction so the Granada gets a cars length through first gear and Im spinning the wheels like an ricer but after the day I had had thought just smack her in to second, floor it and wait. He tried to cut me off by moving slightly across but there was no way I was stopping and then the take up (you know the feeling when she grabs the power band SWEET)seemed that within another four car lengths I had passed him on the inside and moved over to take the single lane.
Funny I got home in a better mood than I had left work.

I Love the MX6

G

·
Hehe. Nothing like a good race to get the adrenalin goin' and turn a bad day into a better one. Wet roads can actually be kinda fun from a standstill, but we sure do have to know our cars! Good kill.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
mx6_uk,

What is a Granada over there? In North America, we had a Ford Granada back in the late 70s and early 80s that was based on the Fox platform (Mustang, Fairmont etc).

With a 200cid (3.3L) inline-6, 1-bbl carb and 3-speed auto, the car struggled to 60 in 14.5-seconds, through the quarter in [email protected] It was also offered with a 4-cyl, 2.3L engine (from the Pinto) which would have made it even racier :D.

Check out http://www.twistingpath.net/cougar/ to see what I mean.

Clearly, the UK Granada you met is something quite different. Any info on it?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike the Ford Granada MK3 that I was up against was out between 85 and 91 approx then it progressed in to the ford Scorpio. It was available in 2.0 ltr 2.3 and 2.8 at first then a 2.4 and a 2.9 the 2.3/4/8/9 were a V6 engine (I had a 2.3 auto for a while. The Granada was the top of the range ford in the UK. Full leather interior and fully loaded. all models were available in manual and auto but most were auto for the execs who drove them.
MK3 Granada
MK3 Interior
UK Scorpio
Scorpio Engine(Cosworth)
Scorpio Interior

[Edited by mx6_uk on 12-19-2000 at 05:46 PM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Ah, okay. In that picture, one can easily see the familial resemblance to a car imported for a short while here in North America called the "Merkur Scorpio". See it here.

Cool. Good kill :)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike links to UK Scorpio in my post above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts