Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryed to adjust my clutch and was told that i would have replace some cylinder to do it right, Any info on this would be helpful, Thanks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The MX-6 has a hydraulic clutch, which consists of a master cylinder (connected to your clutch pedal) and a slave cylinder (which operates the clutch lever inside the transmission), with a hose containing brake fluid connecting the two.

Hydraulic clutches generally aren't adjustable, or are referred to as "self adjusting," I believe. Why do you need to adjust it anyway?

Some cars (recent Subarus I know, not sure what else) have clutches activated by a thick cable, and they are adjustable.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find when putting it in 1st gear i have to put it all the way to the floor and it is hard to go in, and also the same thing happens going into rev but not every time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HOWEVER I ALSO KNOW THE SOLUTION (IT WORKED 4 ME).=) FOR FIRST GEAR, GO INTO SECOND FIRST. A BILLION TIMES BETTER. FOR REV, GO INTO SECOND, THEN FIRST, THEN U SHOULD GO INTO REV LIKE A HOT KNIFE THRU BUTTER. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Definitely!

This is actually true for most cars with a MTX. If your clutch is worn and takes a little effor to get into a certain gear, try going into th egear before it or after it and then go into the gear you want. I have tried this on a couple of cars with an MTX and that has fixed th eproblem. When I spoke to my mechanic, he said that it's mainly the clutch wearing out.......... only definite solution is to replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts