Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i feel my clutch slipping. so im going to get a oem replacement, called "Sachs for 109$" free shipping on a website. so what do i do with the flywheel, do i have to replace it? im low on cash and want this done the cheapst but i dont want to do this for a very long time. oo also i hear a clunk when i make a u-turn im assuming its my axel's since i have to take 1 side off should i replace them or rebuild them? i feel rocks in the bearings, i cleaned it out best i could and put new greese and duct taped it.. seems to be holding if any of you have a good idea for me itd be nice.
thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
duct tape the bearings? :freak:
if you're hearing "rocks" when you are turning it's more than likely your CV axles going bad. also for your clutch, when you replace it, you don't need to replace the flywheel, just have it resurfaced, and better make sure it's resurfaced correctly or you'll be kicking yourself in the ass later.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i duct taped the boot and re greesed the bearings, and for the flywheel where is a good place to start on resurfacing the flywheel? how much does it usually run

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
not sure on the cost....haven't had to do a clutch in a long time. but if you take it out yourself and take it to a machine shop, or auto parts place where they do that sort of thing, it couldn't be more than 20-30 dollars....

but yeah...get those CV's changed out. check the 1g FAQ section. There's a section on how to rebuild and change them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts