Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new clutch installed during the summer. The other day I had to go over a steep bump so I had my clutch in while I was going over the bump. My clutch pedal wouldn't release. I pressed on it a few times and it came back up. The clutch pedal will stay down or only have friction after it's pressed in far if i'm parallel parking. It only has happened when I have the clutch in for a lil while. When I switch gears there is no problem.

I asked some friends and they said it could be that I'm low on clutch fluid. I checked and I'm full of the fluid. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
My guess is a bad clutch master cylinder. It's probably got an internal leak that's allowing fluid to leak back past the cup. It's a slow leak so it takes time for the pressure to bleed off. During shifts, you're okay because you only press the pedal for 1/2-sec or so and not much leakage occurs. When you hold the pedal down for an extended period of time though, the leak will eventually drain all pressure from the system, and the clutch will gradually engage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what one of my buddies at work said. I'm having my car looked at by the mechanic that installed my clutch, I'll tell him about the master cylinder. How much do you think this could set me back? Thanks for all your help by the way, these boards are great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts