Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you install a new clutch is the clutch pedal supposed to be real soft when you step on it, or is it supposed to be like pressing the brakes but a little softer? cause mine is real soft and I just got the clutch installed today. Thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
it should feel pretty much the same as the old clutch. basically unlike a brake, when u press on the clutch it actually pulls the clutch away from the surface not push it in harder like a brake does when u press on it. so it doesn;t really matter how much clutch material ur pulling awayand it should feel the same for new or old clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
The clutch was not bleed correctly. You MUST use a power bleeder to get it right. Either vacume the fluid down, or use a pressure pump to pump the fluid up to the master cylinder.

~Chris

PS you can do it by hand but it can take hours....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So that's what the son bitch did wrong, lol. so I just have to get the clutch fluid bleed and it'll all be normal again? Are there any performance clutch fluids out there, or should I just stick to the reg ol stuff? Thanks alot imagoonmx6 & el norm.

P.S. do any of you guys know how much fluid it takes to fill it up?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
well guys dont forget to mention that i could be a soft pressure plate.

St_Terror_Gt, when they put the new clutch in, did they change the pressure late with it too? if so, that might be your problem, a soft pressure plate.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea they changed it too, it was a 4 pc. kit; plate, disc, t bearing, and the little plastic alignment crap. But I dont think it's supposed to be that soft, it's am OEM clutch btw, I have to let it out alot for it to engage and when I shift to 2nd it feels like it's in slow motion or something, like it's stuck and slowly releasing itself.Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is having a soft pressure plate a bad thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts