Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did a clutch on my firends 87 626. He help the first time and we ended up putting the clutch disk in backwards and the wouldn't shift or anything. Well I pulled it all apart put the clutch in the right way and now with the car on the jack stands it is very hard to get it into gear.
If you push the clutch and put it in gear the tires move even with your foot on the cltuch. In fact shifting without the clutch feels the same as with the clutch. We have adjusted the cable and tried everything to fix it. I'm at my wits end and dont want t pull the tranny for a 3rd time. What could be wrong?
evo

G

·
The GC doesn't uses a cable clutch doesn't it? Because it really sounds like air in the hydrolaulic lines...if it has them.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Check and see if the clutch fork is moving fully when the pedal is pressed to the floor. (It probably isn't if the wheels are spinning with the clutch pressed and the gears are hard to get into) If not, the cable/hydraulics/whatever needs to be adjusted or replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Sure you got the right clutch? Had a similar problem on an impreza. Turns out the parts guy ordered a WRX clutch because he looked at the car and said "hey it's a WRX" when it was just a regular 2.5RS. IT was really hard to push the clutch and shifting with the engine running was impossible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts