Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just blew my clutch master cylinder...well I figure it is - the gears are heard shifting yet grabbing well - gets worse as it warms up.

I've bleed the system, new slave cyl about 3 months ago, and a new clutch less then 15,000kms ago. I bleed it, new fuild, checked the line, checked the rubber hose - no leaks

now anyone know where i can get one off the shelf asap? ABS can get me one - 4 weeks wait....

NOPI have them for $32US - sounds too cheap to be true when ABS is taling $150+

Anyones experience? Any good part stores where it can be gotten in a hurry? Approximent prices etc??

Thanks

P.S. - these hydraulics are a pain in the arse - anyone ditched it and switched over to cable? would it be possible? or not worth it?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You would know your car better than me, being a first genner.
But I had a similar problem with my gear change a couple of years a go .It was the little plunger {master cylinder} at the peddle end of the line .It took about 30 mins to change. Mazda sell a kit for it, and it was very simple to install.
Incidentally about 3 months after I changed that one the one at the clutch went...Much the same drill thou to change.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i think also... if i re bleed it weekly it seems to hold out - i've checked all hoses and lines - no leaks - and i'm not loosing fluid. either its leaking in the little plunger (appears rusty) or else the seals in it are knackered.... better pull the bugger out soon - bah if its not one thing its another...its only money! :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
HI! Amex
From memory the plunger is prety cheap ~$25 And that was from Mazda
But if the boar is scratched they do sell kit to re-sleeve it.(you’ll not need it}

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i'll do some phoning on monday - can't hurt to replace/rebuild it anyways - gives me an oportunity to flush the brake lines aswell.

wouldn't know where i can get a wiring diagram for the mx6 (1st gen & 2nd gens)

as my other post indicates this is pretty urgent also...

thanks people!

(sorry for goin off topic ric - just maximising my impact and urgency lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts