Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clutch is not returning back to normal position....

it seems its the clutch cradle has cracked on me.....i can get it in gear but it dont wanna come back to the normal position, and there is a lotta play in it...

WHAT CAN I DO?????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive been having problems with my clutch too. But in my case it grinds everytime i shift into 2nd gear. It mad rough, i dont understand y. Are these clutch problems or transmission problems?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MX6Princess:
i advise u not to drive the car coz if u are getting the grinding noise it means the clutch is not disengaging properly, u might be doing more damage if u are still hearing the grinding noises.....

get it fixed quickly.... dont do what i done and wait till the bearings melt.... its a bitch!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
wow thanks a lot for the warning. I'll definetly have to check it out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

It can also be the sychro for 2nd gear too. it seems like all cars have problems with the 2nd gear. Does it grind when the car is warm? If the clutch is not working properly then you will have a problem even starting up the car because you have to push your foot on the peddle. i guess that is my two cents.

Anthony

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats what i dont get. Every other gear is fine, and starting up is fine. Its just 2nd gear. But then again i know that the guy who changed my clutch was an ass and did a horrible job. My car has been idling hi since he fixed it. My car ket stalling. But this was like almost a year ago that i got it fixed. But this 2nd gear thing has been happening for a long time now

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

yeah get that clutch checked out. Then it has to be also the 2nd gear synchro. As i had said before it is a common problem in 5speeds. You might want to get the tranny oil changed too. What i usually do, is I go through all the gear before I start driving when the car is cold. Also, I don't jump on the car too, so I felt a difference when doing that. 2nd gear feels much smoother, and I usually put it in lightly when the car is cold.

Anthony

·
Registered
103 Posts
Could someone tell me more about this 2nd gear thing...I had my tranny oil changed a while ago..3 mths...stupid me didn't check what oil they put it...it seemed like after that though 2nd gear is kinda hard to go in when my car is cold...I usually let my car warm up before driving it and it still does it...after driving maybe 2-3 blocks then it begins to go in smoothly...from what you guys are saying is this a problem that is going to lead to more serious ones down the road?...and anymore suggestions that can work?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
NinjaDust77 said:
my clutch is not returning back to normal position....

it seems its the clutch cradle has cracked on me.....i can get it in gear but it dont wanna come back to the normal position, and there is a lotta play in it...

WHAT CAN I DO?????
probably some broken fingers...maybe. when you pull the engine and push the clutch to the floor, it stays there. have the clutch checked.

and about the 2nd gear grinding, it just gets worse. my second gear was grinding, it got worse and worse until one time the tranny got stuck in 2nd...that really sucked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey J,
what did you have to do when it got stuck in 2nd gear...did you have to replace the tranny?...what happened?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i had it rebuilt... and they still didnt do it right...

however im interested in the tranny featured in the SCC article...check that out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.