Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having clutch problems with my 89 mx6 turbo.

I put a new clutch in less then 5000km's ago, when all of a sudden i lost the ability to release it and the pedal sunk to the floor...

no problems, a new slave cylender, and bleed the system and i'm driving again...

...but...

now when i press the clutch pedal resistance is only at the very last inch or so, and it seems asthough its not releaseing correctly as the gears are extremly tight to shift - and the problem gets worse as it warms up, and also worse the higher the revs...

Could this be clutch master cylinder... or should i be looking in the gearbox or at the clutch itself?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
It sounds like it needs to be adjusted. I dont know how to do it, but someone on here mentioned they knew how. Hopefully that person will reply :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I adjusted mine. All you need to do is get under the dash and trace the clutch pedel up. You will see a lock nut. Release this lock nut and you will be able to spin the rod for the clutch pedel. Adjust accordingly. One note. I STRONGLY suggest that you get a line wrench to undo that nut, if you don't you will prob. strip it since there is not much room to work with down under there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts