Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Centerforce stage 3 clutch for my 6. I have read that it will reduce my 0-60 time by about 1/2 a second. What are ya'lls opinions?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
who told you that? was it a friend or somebody from centerforce? its all in how good you drive. the more HP you have the better itll benefit you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought you bought a Centerforce dual friction clutch.....maybe it's the same thing.... I have heard that it will not improve times that much, just handle your power better that you have

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the clutch isnt a stage 3, just the engine. and i havent broken in the engine quite yet so i havent run it or dynoed...hell i havent even gone above 3.5K RPM (yes its tempting). when its ready to run i will post 1/4 mi. times and dyno results.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
BTW the clutch is a paeco "heavy duty" clutch. it has a 6 mo. warranty on the pressur plate, clutch disk, and release bearing EVEN IF RACED. pretty good deal, eh? i think it was about $350

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
and im talkin about mine:D

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
how much is that clutch and what kinda warranty does it have on it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Centerforce Dual Friction

I have a Center Force Dual Friction with matched new OE flywheel.. It will definatlly put more of your engine power to the ground. It won't give you more power it will however allow you to put most of what ever your engine is making to use. She'll be way more responsive off the line and depending how good you are at all this shit it'll therefore be quicker.. You should also have no trouble rippin the tires on the move shifting in to 2nd gear.. I can do it with ease and not just a little squeak a good squeal.. :) Enjoy its a nice setup that doesn't sacrifice driveablly much at all, since it's also a very smooth clutch.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
man i was chirpin 2nd gear on a stock clutch with just a cat-back and a K&N drop in! even a light chirp into third on cold days. maybe its the lighter front end weight of the 4cyl

·
Registered
123 Posts
JspecMX-6 said:
man i was chirpin 2nd gear on a stock clutch with just a cat-back and a K&N drop in! even a light chirp into third on cold days. maybe its the lighter front end weight of the 4cyl
No 4 banger in my MX6.. ? But With any nice heavy duty setup you'll squeal more than stock... But I was mearly letting guy know that the Dual Friction is a nice setup and is really grippy yet still nice and smooth to drive with little difference in clutch pedle feel.. ;) What do you have in you 6 now?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Riceeater

Where'd you learn to read Jspecmx6? Where did you get the "must be the lighter weight of the 4 cly" My signature has a V6 in it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
okay...try to understand this clearly...

IT MUST BE THE LIGHTER WEIGHT OF THE (MY) 4-CYL (you know, that allows me to chirp third. [hint, hint])

oh and to answer your question, i learned to read at my house. my dad taught me. when i was almost 3 i was reading the basic street signs and books like cat in the hat. dont question my intelligence.:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sorry

I'm sorry Jspecmx6 comehere and give me a bigg hug... BTW I learnt with hooked on phonics and it worked for me... :D

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
HAHAHA...what a guy!!! hey we all drive MX-6's and we should all be gettin along. i just get sarcastic sometimes. so if its all squashed now we can all go back to helping each other make the MX-6 the tightest sports coupe in the free world!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Smooth and lots of grip

xTSTONEx said:
Hey shawnn... so you have a dual friction???

Yep, I have a Dual Friction clutch with self-centering centerforce throughout bearing and a Mazda pilot-bearing match to a new Mazda OE flywheel. That's what I change when I did my clutch. I didn't want a lighter flywheel i.e. aluminum because there not meant for day-to-day driving and there are a lot of hill where I'm from.. I went for a reliable flywheel (Brand new Mazda OE Flywheel). The Dual Friction is really grippy and responsive and yet it is still nice and smooth for day-to-day city driving. It really likes a high revving engine like ours as it has those nice centrifugal weights in it's center, they work better the faster it spins and seems to aid to the smoothness of the clutch engagement. Over all it's a great clutch and proablly the best one to go for if you drive your mx6 on a day-to-day basis as well as race around and shit from time-to-time.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i had to go with the 9.5 lb flywheel over the 6.5 lb flywheel. too many hills here too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts