Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone upgraded their clutch? Difficult or what? Is a Centerforce good: Here is the ad... Big question.. I just want to verify with everyone that the 626 has the same engine and transmission set. Please help me verify b-4 I order. According the the Mazda Shop Manual they both use the same clutch. Well.. any input would be appreciated.

Fits 1992-1996 Mazda 626 V6. Centerforce is the clutch system you want ! Forget those poor quality rebuilt clutches ! Do the job once and correctly !

$289.95us

1992-1996 Mazda 626 V-6 Centerforce DF543056

G

·
Centerforce is the way to go!!

I love centerforce put one in my streetport RX7 (just sold it)and it was great. light pedal with lots of stick at the track.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just ordered a ACT stage II clutch for my car which I'll put in after Christmas. Don't know about the Centerforce. I've heard they are great then I've heard from a lot of others that they didn't hold up wortha damn. A lot has to do with the fact that they use weights to increase the clamping force as the engine speeds up. If you have a lot of low end torque this isn't the best idea, but unless you are planning on getting a lot more power out of your engine they it shouldn't be a problem.

G

·
I would get an ACT II, because I've heard numerous instances where the Centerforce has worn rapidly, and even a few cases where it gave out completely and damaged the clutch casing! With the ACT I have never heard any problems with whatsoever, everyone who has one is 100% satisfied with it, which I think is a pretty good recommendation. They're cheaper too I think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The ACT is a little bit more expensive, but I have never heard any complaints about it. I've heard a lot of good things about the Centerforce clutch, but I have also heard a few horror stories. For the small difference in price I'd rather have the piece of mind, nowing that my clutch will last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts