Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joy of the world. I was racing an 88? model toyota twin cam 16v, a friend of mine has, not only did he beat the shit out of me at speeds from 0-140 (I got him there) , but After some hard racing, I noticed that the clutch was not grabbing the gears at 6500-7000 rotations, that is , I would switch gears , and it would just rev... I asked my friend about it, and he said that it was probably the clutch disc going bad, or thin....

So I am thinking, how difficult is it to switch this part out, the clutch disc that is.... is it relatively easy work, or should I take him to a shop, and have them do it.... My freind says, he can do it in 2hrs on his toyota, but he has ripped that one apart countless times, but he is not so sure about the mazda, since he has never had one....

If I were going to change the disc, are there any other things I should get , which are located at roughly the same place, since I am opening it up anyways....?

Well, at least I´ll get new brake pads to begin with... they seem to have taken a dislike to the abuse which went on the brakes lastnight....

Comments appreciated.

Haukur

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, went and bought myself a new clutch cover, clutch disc and a release bearing... set me back around 200$, then its going into the shop next week, and thats another 250$ there, cant wait till that's finished...

Then its just new rotors and pads, and then I should we well equipped for the winter... course , it would be nice if the central heating worked... motor works fine, just does not turn on... Anybody know about that ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts