Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of doing a clutch overhaul when i drop in my new engine. just wanted any opinion's on whether i should get an ACT (heavy duty pp, 6puk, 343lb tq) or a spec stage 3 (heavy clamp pp, 6puk, 345lb tq). the spec is $333 shipped and the act is $364 shipped.

what i want to know is who is using any of these clutchs and which one do they perfer for the grab and the price? need to order by wednesday.

btw, mod of my car are mazdaspeed engine, full turbo setup with t3 super 60 and full 2.5in exhaust.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I personally do not like my Spec stage 3. It is super chattery (too much clamping force with the pressure plate). But since you'll probably be pushing more power then I have with your turbo you might be ok. Somebody else will have to back that up. Just my $.02

Reactions: HiPrsur

·
Registered
46 Posts
some one else had some clutch questions in this forum and a few people responded to him about their opinions. there was talk about the spec 3 or so. you should check it out. the other thing though is that i think it was for the v6, so it might not really help, but its a try...good luck though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts