Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Clutchmasters Stage 1 and an mx3 flywheel.

I am very happy so far with the performance of the clutch and the fly wheel. I found that the stock clutch was very umm... "forgiving" when it came to shifting or moving the car from first gear. Now, it is not forgiving at all.. Youa re either in or out of the gear. I also found that the stock clutch would "ride" alot, mainly from the one to two shift. The CM stage 1 is incredible and I highly recommend it. The service was also very excellent. www.rr-racing.com Here is a plug for you Rafi, well deserved. As for the flywheel, I had it machined to likely about 15pds. Definantly an increase in acceleration. When driving at whatever rpm, and then throw it in nuetral the rpms drop like a rock!! But I can also tell that the car is definantly much more responsive. All in all, it was worth the upgrade and the time and money I put into the job. Sorry for the long post, questions and comments are welcomed :)

Cheers...

·
Registered
200 Posts
?

How hard is it to do those installations or how much did you have to pay to have them done?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. I had my guy do it. He charged me 220.00 CAD for all the labour.. I watched the whole thing and he did a fantastic job.

Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
cost

Hey Rufnek

How much did you pay for the clutch and flywheel. I check out that link you posted but the pricing seemed to good to be true. he had the clutch for 217 and w the flywheel it was 257 I hope that is not a typo because is a hell of a deal})

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats

For the fidenza aluminum fly and the clutch...
you only pay 217 for the clutch WHEN you buy the fly wheel with it. I paid him 227 just for the clutch.. and I aquired my own mx3 flywheel locally and had it machined. The clutch stage1 by itself includes the disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing and release bearing. I paid 75CAD for the fly and another 75CAD to have it machined...

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts