Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a couple of days ago, I was talking to my homeboy's roomate about Mazda's and Honda's, so naturally, you couldn't tell him anything about a honda not breaking down. Then, he brought up that his car is faster than mine and that it will break down before it will ever pick up power.
Now I'll take ya'll back to the first time me and him raced, it was the weekend of Nopi Nationals in Atlanta and it had just ended. We were both at 45 mph and he wanted to race. So I flashed off and honked the horn 3 times and we were off. Well, I think before my limiter had kicked in, I had blown him out by atleast 6 car lengths and he has the video to prove it. But his excuse for loosing is that his VTEC was activating properly considering the fact that he had an Asian fella do all the engine work.

I'll go over with what all mods he has to his car. Well, first off, it's a '92 Civic DX MTX with the EX VTEC head swap (I know that the DX has a 1.5L engine but the 1.6L head works out somehow without a problem) complete with an MSD igniton box, CAI, 4 to 2 to 1 style headers, Fart can (he wants to take that loud thing off and go for the Si's quieter muffler), NGK plugs and SI rims with 195/60R15's Bfgoodwich comp T/A's, dropped about 2 inches with coilovers and 10w30 synthetic motor oil in both engine and transmission. The car is currently in the shop getting the VTEC problem resolved.

I'll go over the mods I have done to my car..... Well, first off, it's a '95 626 LX 2.0L MTX with Outlaw engineering Phenolic Spacers with custom built spacers adding a total of 1/2 inch thickness between the IM and TB and the IM and head, ported out TB opening, Denso Iridium spark plugs ($12 a piece, ouch!!), Rear disc conversion, MX6 V6 mid pipe and muffler, 16x7 inch Enkei DM5's with 225/50R16 Bridgestone Potenza RE950's, and I can't think of other stuff I did, but mainly, just small stuff.

Okay, he made a Propsal to set up a race. Now, he had so much faith in my car being a Mazda that he said that his roomate's Civic VX with smoke me (his roomate sitting there shaking his head saying that that won't ever happen...) So now when he get his car out the shop, we're gonna go line up. Now we both agreed to the conditions. If he wins, I have to take all my Mazda and 626 badges off and throw them away to symbolize the fact that I drive garbadge, and replace them with hondas. If I win, then he has to take off what remaining Honda Badges he has left over (he shaved them off) and in the places of the normal badges, I take him to the Mazda dealer to buy all the Mazda emblems to replace the ones that previously said Civic and/or Honda with "OWNED BY 626" or Mazda all over. what do ya'll guys think.... with such few mods, think I have a chance?

·
Registered
264 Posts
are you racing him or the roomate? is the car you are racing a hatch or not?

·
Registered
440 Posts
blackshine007 said:
"OWNED BY 626" .

that will be funny as hell if u beat him. he will feel so dumb

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Sorry, the Civic will most likely win

You've got the weak 2.0 in a heavier platform...

If the civic is a coupe, it weighs in at 2200, if it's a hatch, it weighs around 2100, I believe. His uber lame mini-me motor will be enough to haul the light body to the other end of the quarter before you

·
Registered
848 Posts
SD6 said:
Sorry, the Civic will most likely win

You've got the weak 2.0 in a heavier platform...

If the civic is a coupe, it weighs in at 2200, if it's a hatch, it weighs around 2100, I believe. His uber lame mini-me motor will be enough to haul the light body to the other end of the quarter before you
Agreed, so start choosing what Honda emblems you would like the most on your car.

Juggalo

·
Registered
607 Posts
1.6 head on a 1.5 block? never heard of that.. What model is his hatchback again? I think I read DX. If it's a hatchback you may have a problem, I know my buddies' CX Hatchback with a fully built 1.6 EX engine ran a 15.3, and a 14.0 with a 75 shot.

I am not really familiar with the 626's stock numbers hp/tq or 1/4 time, but i hope ya win but if you don't get an acura emblem and turn it upside down!!! That is teh uber winnar emblem 4 pimpz.

Har har :p :p

-Zook

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Man I would never make a deal like that with my car, I would NEVER put honda emblems on my mazda...I mean i see the ricers with stock civics and nine huge honda emblems just in case u didnt already know it was a honda...

On the other hand that would funny as hell with the "Owned by 626" sticker... good luck man and if u win get some pics and post em here...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Zookinator said:
1.6 head on a 1.5 block? never heard of that..
It's called a 'mini-me' setup. Makes almost as much power as a regular 1.6 SOHC VTEC engine.

I like to think of it as poser LS/VTEC, hehe

·
Registered
848 Posts
For those that aren't familiar with Honda's, the B series head's are all the same (size) For example you can put a B18 (GS-R, Type-R) head on a B20 (CRV) block.

Rick get your ass in here for all the tech Honda talk!

Juggalo

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm racing against the fella in the 2 door coupe, not the hatchback. Hell, my homeboy in his VX hatchback won't even race me until he get his B18a engine. It supposed to be me and the Civic DX coupe. The last time I raced him, he was smoked..... I'll get some prices on those Honda badges though....... :( :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I'll take plenty of pics when everything goes down as well, it will be sometime this weekend

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, here's the update,

He gets his car out of the shop and now I'm hearing big trash about how me racing him is gonna lock up his engine. So one day after work on his day off, I'm ready to burn the black paint off his doors, so this is when he comes up with a brand new excuse like "well, it was running fine and the VTEC was kicking in, but it kicks in only when it wants to...." so I was like, fine then, no race. It's back at the shop once again but this time, he's getting the B16a engine, but wants the LS/B18a engine. I think when he do the swap, I'll kindly chicken out.... or should I?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
"F'U man, I'm gonna kill your Corvette...

Oh wait my car is in the shop now,

Can you wait about 4 years?

Alright fool, let's race that POS against my new turboed H22 putting 600hp....."

I hear alot of stories like that. People are stupid as hell when it comes to car. Alot of people give the honda community a bad name and your "friends" are a few example of POSERS.They put their mighty unbeatable Civic DX into a shop and challange everybody. And than they realize they're cars are slow as hell and gives all sort of excuses.

I wouldn't be surprise if your friend decided to go with a B18 but will chiken out of the cost and get the B18B instead of the C. Or better yet I will bet alot of money that he won't do **** to the car, will only put on abody kit, lower it and put on some AWESOME ALTEZZA.

Calling all my people.

Civic Nation.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I say he f'n forfeited the race as agreed in contract, therefor he LOST, Take his punk ass down to mazda and start buying cause you just won.... I HATE RICERS THAT DO THAT... my cars not running right, he should have thought of that before his mouth started running....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the very few times I do get offers to race and get turned down again. I have another homeboy with a green Civic hatchback that's gonna need an engine soon because that little engine he has in his is smoking oil, but go figure for a car with over 168k miles on it plus a heavy left foot for the driver. He wants to do the same engine swap and still want to buy an Integra, I think he needs to consentrate on the car he has now before he get into another one, I'll get a pic of his car and post it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
cre8v mx3 said:
he pushes in his clutch or he brakes hard??:D
Originally posted by blackshine007
his is smoking oil, but go figure for a car with over 168k miles on it plus a heavy left foot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"i clutch so hard my tires melt y0"

or maybe he literally has a heavy left foot? so heavy in fact that it started denting the floor boards, and interfering with various driveline components.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
new update

Okay fellas, we finally raced again, but it was unexpected. I had just gotten off work and him and his female neighbor were together and he decides that they should get something to eat. Now in the process, she asked me what type of car I drive I of course I tell her, and she turns her nose up talking some serious crap about Mazda in general. So naturally, I defend my car and the brand it represents and now he's like he'll prove to her that my car is slow for once and for all.

So now we getting on the highway heading towards 6 flags getting ready to line up from a 45 mph start. I give him the mark with flashers on and on the 3rd horn blow, we're off. Well, I tell you this, he only hung with me momentarily, just like last time and but considering I didn't have no one else in the car with me, I got about about 6 car lengths on him (again) before I decided to call it quits. So now I'm just laughing it off while he catches up from the highway slaughter and by then, my exit comes up so I give him the peace sign and head on home.

That was the last time he talked crap about my car....... Zoom Zoom!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
:D Thats how ya do it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts