Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any history with a code 17 on 1st Gen MX6 GT? I pulled that code yesterday and looked it up and was mildly surprised to see it was a fairly vague set of possible issues. The most specific thing mentioned was the O2 sensor, which I strongly suspect since the end of the wire that goes into the top of the sensor has pulled accidently pulled on so many times that is has become frayed way beyond any sort of possible repair. Another note, I've had a handful of 1st Gen MX6 GT's over the years and like some of you probably have noticed the ECM's can vary as far as how sensitive they are to throwing codes. The one I'm using now seems to be on the very sensitive side as it threw a code for having the VAF plug disconnected and the O2 code I mentioned. In the past I rarely if ever get a code for the VAF plug and have used O2 sensor for years that later were found bad from general wear. I can imagine some other code issues with this ECM too, but it works as it it's supposed to if you think about.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts