Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gettin coil overs this week which do i get the ground control or weapon r i heard the ground control is only expensive cause of its name the new weapon r's are supposedly the best of the 2
can any1 give me some advice on there expriences please do thank u

·
Registered
108 Posts
sorry to tell you this but weapon-r does not make coil overs for our cars and also ground control are one of the best brands out for coilovers for any kind of car .

·
Registered
108 Posts
i dont know who told you that but i called every performance shop in town and they do not make em for our cars. sorry but nobody has them if they make em ? where did u find em cause i dont think they make them

·
Registered
446 Posts
Run a search @ probetalk.com for "clunking after lowering". People have them. I don't have a source; I've had GCs for a LONG time. I think the Ground Controls are well worth the money...

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just went to importuniverse or wheverever and found them , but also i am gonna call tomorrow and find out y the performance shops all say weapon r doesnt make them . so i will let u know what i find out .

·
Registered
108 Posts
BOWDWN2MX6 said:
Actually, I found a more direct link for Weapon R coilovers. Go to http://www.importuniverse.com
hey i just went to weapon-r.com and i found them on there. sorry for the confusion but what can i say? i was told by the local performance shops and i couldnt find them online so thanks a lot for the info. i may go ahead and go with the weapon r c/o.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Today i had my KYB GR2 struts, GC coilovers and corksport tower bars put on my car, combined with some yokohama parada rubber. The car is great. It is definetly a great improvement. I would defiently go for the GC because they come with Eibach springs which are the best in the business!

G

·
I have a question about the weapon-r. Do you have to remove the coilover to adjust the height or what. I know sometimes you have to. Just checking. I know with the gc they are designed so that you can adjust with them still on the car. Thanks,
Trevis

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I dont know if you have to take them off but i am pretty sure you would not that is the entire reason for haveing them.

Look around on PT and they might have some for sell. youwill want to have a stiff strut for the GC's springs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
so has anyone purchased and/or installed a set of weapon-r coilovers yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts