Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What company makes coilovers for our cars? Haven't done any research, just thought I'd ask here first. Do they come just the springs and we use our shocks or does it come complete or what? What is the adjustable height?

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
i called weapon-r and they do not make coil overs for our car. if you want to get any i would go with ground control cause they are good qaulity and they also come with eibach springs. ground control also has a good rep. as for obx i have not heard too much about em but its your call.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
euroMX6 said:
i called weapon-r and they do not make coil overs for our car. if you want to get any i would go with ground control cause they are good qaulity and they also come with eibach springs. ground control also has a good rep. as for obx i have not heard too much about em but its your call.
well, last that i heard and read on probetalk they did make them, because some one on here as well had the Weapon R coilovers, hmm? i would get GC's too i love them and they are a gread brand since they have Eibach springs on them!

·
Registered
108 Posts
yo jd sorry if i offended u or stepped on ur toes or anything but you let me know that weapon r makes them for our cars so i checked it out but they do not so i would definately go with gc coilovers. i have heard nothing but good things about em and thats why it is my next mod after i repair some of the minor road rash on my car . well i hope this helps

·
Registered
459 Posts
OBXR coil-overs are exactly the same as the G-C's they use the same methods and style. The only difference is the springs which are geared towards more street use rather than racing use as the Eibachs are. That's why they are a lot cheaper. I just installed the OBXR kit on my car and it looks awesome, I haven't driven the car yet though so I'll let you know once it's back on the road.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
euroMX6 said:
yo jd sorry if i offended u or stepped on ur toes or anything but you let me know that weapon r makes them for our cars so i checked it out but they do not so i would definately go with gc coilovers. i have heard nothing but good things about em and thats why it is my next mod after i repair some of the minor road rash on my car . well i hope this helps

dont worry, i was just saying that i talked to a guy that had bought the Weapon R coilover for his 6 and was selling them. it was on this board, but who know he might have been BSing me!! but you called them so, did you ask if they had them for a probe?

i have the GC's on my car and i have heard nothing but good from them. and i will back them up with my words, i love them, handle great, stiff.

·
Registered
321 Posts
the gc are $400 bucks, plus I beleive it would be wise to change your struts so that is roughly another 500

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just FYI, if you ever need a part of some sort, and they tell you they don't make them for an MX6, ask them that part again but for a same year Ford Probe GT. When I called GC, they told me they didn't have an application for an MX6 but they did for a Probe. Same thing with the strut bars and the catalitic converter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
for anyone who read this before they do make weapon r coil overs for our cars. i jsut talked to a dumb ass from weapon r so sorry about the confusion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts