Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Well Well, it's finally come down to it, want to improve the handling but im puttin 18"s on the 6 and i need some coil overs. After hours and hours of deciding between airdraulics or coilovers i finally deciding on coilovers! So what is the best kind but still pretty cheap, i bout the damn car for 8k and ive already got 8 in it! Lemme know!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If i could move this i would, if you have a v6 then get the Ground Control! i have them and they are great, also do a search on this topic there is tons of stuff about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
coilovers

groundcontrol are the best and are the only ones that carry a kit for mx6, at least i think so. I have them and they are very high quality. Their customer serveice is also excellent.

late

·
Registered
148 Posts
GC's and Tokico Illuminas (adjustables)... the best match for you. Not only can you drop it to whatever height you what, the Illuminas will stiffen/soften your ride. I had 18's as well and these are perfect with that 40/35 series tire. Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ground controls are the ones that most people use, and everyone seems to like them. they are pretty expensive though. weapon R makes some for the mx6 as well, and they are considerably cheaper. i have only heard of one person that has tried them though, and i can't remember where i saw them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What are coilovers? I've got 16" rims and just put Eibach coils and KYB struts / lowered about 2inchs, do I need them? What do they do?

·
Registered
39 Posts
coilovers

Coilovers are adjustible. In the way that you can change your ride height. My gc's can be adjusted to drop the car down 3 inches . This would be excellent if you have a body kit and you dont want the body kit to scrape the road. In other words you can adjust your ride height to perfectly suit your driving needs taking into consideration the road surface, body kit, and styling. I had intrax susp. and opted for the GC's because they can lower your car alot more, but yet i can always raise it back up to almost stock height. They are expensive though but they are worth it.

later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is ground control adjustable from inside ur car during the ride or do u have to climb underneathe and readjust stuff?

·
Registered
39 Posts
coils

It is adjustible by raising up the car (no need to take of wheels and tires) and reaching inside the fender well and adjusting the spring perch from the outside.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You can cut the perch off the strut to drop it even more but then the ride will be really rough. dont do that until you put them on with perch and then drive and see how you like it. if you are thinking about getting a kit dont cut them yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts