Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just in stage of designing the RamAir system for my 626 and i was wondering, would amount of corners between intake and trottle body affect on perfomance? i mean, would having less coners/twists in pipes be better?

G

·
It would probably be better if it were straighter but it will definately be beter than stock! Let us know what you come up with, I want to kinda do the same to mine MX-6.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Cold air is better than warm air, so anything bringing in cold air is better than stock. But, the less twists you make, the less work the engine has to do to suck the air in, so making is straighter IS better than with a bunch of twists, although, you probably won't be able to tell much of a difference between the two.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I created a ram air effect on my 1991 mx6 n/a by removing the left front fender, removing the stock air intake (which had one hell of a crack in it) and water drainage unit. Then I found some 2 1/2 tubing that i stuck in the intake end of the filter housing. From there, I has to make a couple of bends, turning right under the battery area, then running down near the radiator and curving up, comming out right behind the lower grille area. Its kinda small, only 2 1/2 inches, but i replaced the filter with a K&N filter charger. The increase it kinda small, but very definitly noticable. Worth the $30 (Filter) I spent and the few hours a labor. Its only temporary for now until I can find a better path to run wider hose, and find something to use as a scoop, maybe a shop vac head?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whell what im thenking..........move the fuse box, ans all the electric wires behind the headlight right( when you look at the engine, that right), then angle air flow meter so its intake points up front then run relativly large piping to the front and have soft corner which goes under/on the side of right headlight and then custom made scoops that bolt on to the openings in the bumper, the ones on the side of number plate. some where along the way shielded cone filter. original air box will be removed. there is not much space in our cars to stuff around, wholl setup is going to be tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts