Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best website to but a cold air intake. And which one do you like more. PRM, Hotshot, HKS, or WeaponR?
please post url's and any other helpful ideas.

G

·
I do not have a CAI, but after hearing the general consensus of this board, I would advise going with the PRM Racing intake. You can buy it directly from prmracing.com, or go to corksport. Or just search around.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a free CAI it's called an artic blast. when the temp doesn't get above 14F. the air being pulled into the intake is pretty damn cold.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAI = Cold Air Intake. Its just a short way of describing it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Whatever you do, DONT buy the HKS super mega flow piece of shit. I have it and I wished I hadnt of bought it, Is sucks really bad. Sucks in all the hot air right next to the engine, plus it doesnt look as good as the Hotshot. Big ole nasty green mushroom lookin thing instead of a nice ceramic coated tube runnin down the side of the engine.
Well, my thoughts anyways
Robert

·
Registered
291 Posts
guido...

I used a generic-ass filter. I think it's an APC, but I'm not sure. The speed shop in town just handed it to me and said that's what he gives everyone. He actually let me borrow it for free, and if I didn't like it, he'd sell me a k&n. Honestly, it works great, and when I went back in to pay for it, it was only 20 bones...

good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anybody have a weapon R?

·
Registered
108 Posts
weapon-r

i do not have a weapon-r but i am thinking about getting one cause i have heard many good things about them. however weapon-r only makes a short ram intake for our car,. it is still very good but not as good as the CAI. also can anyone tell me what website i can find the hotshot and the hks intakes at?

·
Registered
154 Posts
RS all the way for the four bangers

I would go with a R(racing S(sports) Akimoto if you got a four banger, if ya got a 6cyl get a PMR.

G

·
I have a weapon-R CAI, I did feel a noticable power increase, i just wish it was a little louder, i have heard other intakes before, on other cars and thought they had a better tone. I don't like where it sits really because it doesn't appear that it would really get that much cold air, just alot more unrestricted air flow. This is the only CAI i have had on my car, so i don't really have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
RS Akimoto

Honestly, I've heard nothing but bad things about the Weapon-R, in comparison to the RS Akimoto. I would highly recommend the RS. I'll be buying it as soon as I get done with rims and tint on my ride...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts