Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and found this post:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135062&highlight=trouble+starting

Im having sort of the same problem...my cars sat for three days in about 40 degree overnight weather. This morning, taking my daughter to school, the engine cranks VERY slow for about 5 secs...I lay off and try again...VERY slow, if at all...thinking I need a jump but too lazy to get out of the car, I let the car sit for 10-20 sec and try again...each time now, its getting a little better...cranking a bit faster and faster...after the 10th try, bingo-she starts. On the way to her school, I stop and shut the car off on a hill (just in case..I an MTX) and try starting-zippo! Right away without a hitch.

One thought here - - could it be a bad connection on the battery that "improves" through the multiple attempts at starting? Same question for the starter.

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
A doubt it has anything to do with your battery, mainly because you said it turned over a little bit quicker each time. If it had been an electrical issue, it would have all of a sudden worked, I've never seen any sort of electrical connection slowly get better. So i probably wouldn't start with anything electrical.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Check for oil in your "hella cool ant"...

metros

(edit)son of a bitch...I am not saying hellacoolant

·
Registered
800 Posts
You can never overlook the battery if you have slow cranking. Yes, the battery is shot!:ewink:

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
he was trying to say coo.lant.

and yes, yes you are saying that :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts