Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1622 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey guys... I got my clutchmaster stage II in the mail yesterday!! :D :D So then i call up checker and ask them whats up with my mx-3 flywheel and they say theyve had it since the 3rd and that the phone number i gave them was wrong... ok whatever.... so i go down there pick it up, take it home, then check up on probetalk for all the little details about it that i should be able to see by looking at it ( to make sure its the right one ) and i read a thread saying the code on the side should read KL08 and it should have 8 bolt holes for the crank. Well mine read BP05 and it had 6 bolt holes. So then i found a thread about a guy that had the same problem as I, but he waited til he split the tranny to figure out that its the flywheel for the 4 cylinder, not the V6 :damnmad: . So now i get to wait 2 more days til it gets here. Then, its on... Hopefully, if you plan on doing this mod, you read this and don't make the same mistake i was about to make. that would have really sucked...

peace,
Colin })

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
I just finshed lowering my car and please stop looking for the car with the huge white bumper because that is no longer on the car. I painted my side skirts and now the car has that JDM look only the paint is a little dinged up. Any my next mod is tuning the sob. That should be done in the next few weeks or so.
evo

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Well hello hello. I'm back in town, and I just had 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed today. Let me tell you, percocet and the pain killer they gave me through an IV works wonders ;)

Yesterday I cracked open my spare tranny I got from a junkyard and tighted the shift gate bolts (problem that happened with mine) so that this tranny won't pull the same stunts. and the inside of it looked great :tup:

As soon as I regain my mental state I'll be starting on the swap. If anyone has any spare time next week and would like to give me a hand, let me know. I would like to get this done in a day, I just need some help dropping the old one and lifting the new one in. everything else I can do myself since this will be my 3rd time doing it. 9706677526

Then later this year it's time for a bigger T3 turbo (60 trim T3, right now I have a 45 trim) more boost, an ECU chip, 450cc DSM injectors w/ a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to run them, water sprayers for the IC, homemade alki/water injection system, 2G strut/spring coversion for handling and 1.5" lowering, and some new seats and interior pieces. Damn, some of you guys really need to catch up })

Anyone down for a meet, let me know a week and a half in advance so I can make it.

Norv, that car looks damn sweet. I want to see that in person

Brandon

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Hey I have next Monday and tuesday off I could help you then Brandon if you dont mind riding with me and helping me tune the FE3 a little better.
In a few weeks or so I'm going to pay a guy that tunes F1 cars and other 4clys to tune my car. Hopefully that will work out. Tommorow I'll take new pics of my car, it no longer looks like a rice burner.
evo

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hey luke that sounds great. I just need to find out my work schedule next week and we're on. I should have it down to just tranny bolts and the passenger CV joint ( since you have a good method for getting those out) by the time you get here, so we can do it fast. I am also dying to ride in your car now with that SDS.

BTW: do you have any old spare tires w/o rims that we can use to pull the tranny out on?

I'll give ya a call ASAP

Brandon

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
For those that haven't seen my updated pics check them out. The car is now lowered and I removed the white bumper in favor of a the stock bumper. Also the side skirts have been painted now.
Updated evo626 pics

Now then Jul/23/2003 we all need to go to Bandimere for test and tune. Gates Open 4:00 pm Time Trials 4:30 pm - 8:45 pm We should all meet up around 3pm. This will be fun for all of us and we finaly get to do some real racing.
Here is my cel 720-560-0272 Luke

Brandon did you find out if you can get monday or tuesday off? Cause I really want to help and with the two of us we can get it done quick. I'll give you a call tommorow/today (its 12:30am 7/10/03)

evo

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hey luke sounds great. I'll check with my job tomorrow and make sure I can get one of the days off. I'll let ya know.

Count me in for bandimere!

C

·
0 Posts
I'm game too I will ask for that night off. I need to see how slow I really am, Keep me posted

Y

·
0 Posts
hey count me in, bandi sounds fun. ill have a hot shot in by then hopefully:rocket:

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was $35 when i went on the 4th of june....:shrug:

GT TURBO... this time I saw you... Goin down belleview right over the hill between simms and 470. I was on alkire turning left onto belleview. tried to catch up but i was behind the slowest truck ever...

peace
Colin

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey luke (evo),
I saw you last night pulled off the side of 285 right before the sheridan exit with your hazards on. I couldn't tell it was you til i had already passed, but i was goin pretty quick and revved at you. by the time i got off the highway, spun around the other way and then flipped another bitch at lowell to help out, you were gone. But anyways, that things lookin good dude.. :tup:

Colin})

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Yeah I had a freak phantom problem happen were the hose from the valve cover to the intake manifold came lose and caused a massive vac leak. I lost power and had to pull over to see what happened. Apperently Ive had this problem for a while and now that its fixed the car feels better.

Helped Brandon (Rebel24k) with his tranny. That should be working fine. We had a few hitchs but it went well.

I think we should meet at Clemet around 2pm on the 23rd. Unless anyone has any better ideas?
evo

C

·
0 Posts
I think we should meet at Clemet around 2pm on the 23rd. Unless anyone has any better ideas?
Lets meet at the park at 3 pm. Either way Ill see you t the park at 3 and definatly be at Bandi that day.

Lets get a head count. Lets all try to make it. This is a good time to race without having to worry about the cops busting us.

281 - 300 of 1622 Posts