Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1622 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
3pm sounds good to me. did anyone find out how much its gonna cost?

collin,
you still want to sell me your springs? if so how much, and when? i finaly got some $ so im gonna try to get a hot shot. maybe we could get together sometime before the 23rd and think of some creations for the car. call me at 720-837-8111 if you wanna hang out some time.

shawn:drinkup:

Y

·
0 Posts
does anyone know sombody who will either paint my car for cheap or has the tools and a place to do it. if so please let me know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wut up shawn,

I was thinking about selling my springs because the drop zones didn't give me **** for drop..... but i'm going to cut off the strut perches sometime soon. I keep having more important things to do. But it will get done and the probe will be lowered to right around where i want it... as in slammed. So i won't be selling them. Just be careful with the hotshot.... get an aem bypass valve.
If you want a beautiful paintjob i know of a few guys that will do it for a couple grand. but if you want a "decent" job for cheap, maaco is the way to go. It isn't the greatest, but its great for a daily driver. You would be an idiot to spend a few grand on a car thats going to be out in the open all the time getting rained on, hailed on, sun beat on etc... and if it will look better than what youve got, it will only help.. I've been debating this myself actually. Then there is norv over there just lookin like a pimp. Maybe we should get him to help us...}) Anyways, i'ma go pass the **** out.

Colin

C

·
0 Posts
youngstudd------>does anyone know sombody who will either paint my car for cheap or has the tools and a place to do it. if so please let me know.
If you have everything ready to be painted as far as prep goes. I could help you out depending on how big of a job it is. Right now I'm really hating body work, Little stuff is no big deal but NO MORE MOLDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Nate is looking to have his can done too and I told him I would give him a hand at my house doing it some weekend. Paint can run anywheir from $70 a gallon to ---> you dont want to know, but for a good urathan it could run about 200-400 depending on your color, and about $150 for some good clear and hardener. Anybody that is interest hopefully we will talk at the meet next week and see how much we are all willing to spend.
I know that the dark red on my car is about $100 pint for the urathan, gallon was about $400, yikes!!! and it takes a gallon to paint a MX6 so... thats why I didt paint the car red again.Red is the most expensive, but you can buy a enamel that runs about $20 a pint. IT just wont last as long. I bought the cheap stuff for my spoiler and used a good clear over it to make it look really good but all in all they said if it sat out in the sun and everything it will last about 3-5 years. Since my cars in the garage 90% of the time it might last alot longer. Their are so many options that it really will mess you up when you have to make a decision. Let me know what I can do for you guys.

·
Registered
722 Posts
:( aawwwww, you guys are so nice and helpful:D

I got another autocross on saturday, the tires i am using are my everydays and the ones ill be using at bandi, so if i have carppy 60 fter's then i have an excuse. And if you dont believe me, i ll have to show u my tires!

Evan

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Well my car is at a shop right now getting fixed. Although I am pretty good with wrenches, I didn't have the patience for this one. I am really losing it with this car, everytime I fix something, something else fails right away. Plus I really don't have the option to have my car sit around right now, I need it.

Basically, I put in my new trans with evo on monday and one of the axle shaft seals was bad and leaked like mad. All of the trans fluid in one day. And, in addition to that, another problem arose. My car died and would start back up, just slowly cranked. I thought it was the battery so I got a new one but it too is slowly running down. Must be the alternator.... grrr

But yeah evo, there's no way to get the axle out from the top. The GT trannies have an extra member going right over the CV, you can barely even see it from the top. I tried from the bottom for like 2 hrs with a ton of different methods, it just wont come out. I don't have room to get a good hit on the picklefork with a hammer. The only way for me to get it out is to take the tranny out again. **** that. I wish I had an overhead lift...

So far I have fixed everything on this car myself, down to the damn windshield. This will probably be the only time it goes to a shop, but to me the $70 in labor is worth all the frustration and time it would take me.

Among all this, my job scheduled me the 23rd and i think I got this chik pregnant. damnit i can't take this much longer....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey evo! just looking at the post like i told you I would.... why did you have to pick a wendsday?! lol i dont get off work until 5, so i cant be there tell at least 6... and it's tricky because i dont drive right now, i have to save money for college ya know... but i'll see what i can do about finding a way down there and at a resonable time... Though i doubt i'd run, i'd be there!

oh also, about your eibachs and tokico's i have the exact same seet up, except i managed to get the front strut tower bar from dutch626, and i have the stock rear GT bar on my car too... and the rear discs. I'm also running addco front and back sway bars, with poly urithane bushings... and let me tell you man!! those sway bars... make a HUGE difference... the front sway bar is like 1.5 inches in diamiter!!! I took it to second creek raceway a little while ago, ran laps... my boss has an old 1967 porche, and he said it handles comperable to his porche... made me happy... i also put a camber kit on if, but i'm only running -.5 degrees of camber all around, with faulken ziex 502 tires, size 205, 55 R16. I've still got the pacesetter exaust, and i changed by intake a little so that i have a heat shielded cone now, and i still have the venom 400 ecu add-on running, and of course the high flow cat. Unfortunetly my car has a fair amount of little dings in it... but that's what happens with age, and when the previous owner was your aunt.... but anyways, i'll see what i can do about making it to bandimeer....

C

·
0 Posts
All done. I would like to repaint the drivers side again, just because i got so anciouse that I didnt prep as good as everything after that but at least I have some piant on it for now. Maybe i will paint the hole thing this winter all silver but for now I like the 2 tone. I would like to get a new rear trunk lid soon with no hole's in it so i would'nt have to have the spoiler on, but for now I'm pretty happy with the turn out in my garage and never painting anything like this before. Hope you guys like it.

Norv

·
Registered
23 Posts
Norval im back from korea if you could please give me your msn or phone number or contact me at 719-667-7002 ask for david
my six is in bad shape since ive been gone for so long so if anyone would like to help me get it back to good condition please let me know im pretty clueless on how to do stuff but i have money and lots of websites with prices

If you guys want a good site for cams umm air intakes throttle bodies all that good **** here go to this site www.corksport.com and they have my good ol 4 banger cold air intake oh yeah $179 though..

C

·
0 Posts
That funny man I was just thinking about when you were comming back to the Mountains the other day. Hows that Baby of yours?
W should get together. Maybe this Sunday afternoon Ill take a drive down to your place. I'll give you a call or give me a PM here. I would be more than willing to help you out.

Norv

·
Registered
23 Posts
sunday sounds fine man give me a call 719-667-7002
i cant even drive my car right now cuz bad taggs over 3 months old now so im riding the explorer.. I need to get some new rims for it considering my right front one is bent or something cuz it keeps going flat. It needs rear end body work paintjob id like to get some headers body kit cold air intake blah blah blah i dont care if its a 4 banger and a auto-matic ive seen many automatic 13 second cars. Especially in korea. Give me a call so we can work something out.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Well, got my car back from the mechanic. Only thing is, he couldn't get the axle out either. lol

So I wound up taking a bunch of stuff apart to get more space to work, and after about 3 hours I had the axle out. Fixed the seal so all is well now.

I also demanded wednesday off, so AFAIK I'm coming to bandimere :tup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while. Workin a ton. After my huge whirl around with checker and their retarded asses giving me four of the wrong flywheels and me getting my money back and wasting 20 days of my time and still no mx-3 flywheel. First they give me a nissan NX fly, then an mx-3 four banger fly, then a stock 6 fly, then a 626 fly which is pretty much a stock 6 fly with a different code on it. Each time they ordered me a new one "overnight" which is 3 days in checker talk... So i'm like no.. this is not the right one....AGAIN! well this is all we have, blah blah blah... we'll just give you your money back. So i pissed at them and they hooked me up with some goodies, like this pimpin shift knob. So then i look on carparts.com and nothing. No mx-3 flywheel listings in the entire state. I called every auto parts store and about every junkyard for like 3 days and came up with nothing. NOEONE has mx-3 flywheels in this state. Like...holy SH*T!! So out of desperation i search mx6.com for mx-3 flywheels one last time and found a guy named Tony Dail on here that co owns some used mazda parts store in up state new york. I sent him an email, and as of last night, i paypalled him for an mx-3 flywheel that is getting shipped on monday. He assured me it would be the right one. FINALLY!! About bandi. I work til around 8 30 or 9. So i'll be late, i won't be racing; but i will come and at least hang out. I'll be a bit late tho. If i don't post before then, i'll see you guys at bandi...

Colin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey i asked this before what is the deal with some sponsors if someone would go be all professional and go to a couple of stores im sure we could get the club sponsored. Ive seen a few clubs where all you have to do is wear a sponsors sticker and they give you major discounts on parts and sometimes free **** im sure if we got organized I.E gettin the website working and upated have a coordinator and whatnot bi weekly meets and stuff like that im almost positive we could get sponsored. Im new to this area and if any of you live in the springs give me a holla ive posted my phone number on the page prior to this. Hit me up and well go look for sponsors one day or get up and work on the rides together. I have access to ft carson auto craft shop so if we really need a garage im sure that we could go there to work on our rides i think its 2 bucks and hour and they provide the lifts and all that so give me a call. Ill see if i can find someone to set us up a website ill make us a flash intro im fairly good at it. Lets make it happen. Ive been talkin to norv for over a year now and im finally here back from korea with lots of time.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm actually in the process of having a website put up right now. I just have to get everything sorted out on my computer to host the site 24/7. I'm tired on not having everything that I want to post. So what ever we have to put on the internet about SPEED 6 I'll have about 100GB drive specifiacally for this. Should be up fairly soon. Hopefully whitin a month

David: I have to work tommorow morning but when things clear up in the afternoon I will give you a buzz.Hopefully around 2ish

Norv

Anybody else want to take a drive down with me? Its close to the Springs so maybe a cruise afterwords would be in order.
Wheir the hell is P-TOWN? Havent heard from him in a bit, I wonder what he's got up his sleave?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok since he has the website almost ready to go or whatever ill make a team speed 6 flash intro for the website but im going to need you guys help here is what i need lots and lots of pics of 6's and parts for 6's whatever has to do with the car umm just random pics dont matter the size ill make them the size i need it will take me a couple of weeks to make it but send all the pics that you can find kitted out 6's stock 6's modded 6's dont matter even a small vid clip REALLY SMALL of you six doing a burnout or something would be tight so if you have it send it to [email protected] or [email protected] both emails go to the same spot just one accepts larger files also include some kind of music or sounds you would think would go along with the flash I have an idea for a song already called thunder in paradise just send any ideas to me and ill try to include it

And so you can see what kind of work i do take a look at my flash intro on this site i did www.clan-mkal.com its a online gaming site but i did that temp flash right there in about 4 hours

Also any of you can get ahold of me through my cell number also instead of my home one 719-237-4803 Dont prank call me if i catch you doing it ill just block you

301 - 320 of 1622 Posts