Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1622 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
My mx-3 flywheel / Clutchmaster II R project is officially done..})

·
Registered
722 Posts
How long are you going to break them in for?

Oh btw, i thought i might try taking off my muffler to see how it sounded! It sucks, dont do it. Its so damn loud and is the riciest noise i have ever heard!

I put it back on tomorrow, before i get pulled over for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I plan on breaking them in for around 500 miles. I've already kinda started getting antsy... But i haven't been really mean to them yet. i have around 150 on them thus far and the clutch just keeps getting stronger. I haven't really truely tested it yet, but i can feel it even just putting around. Yeah i pulled my muffler off one time...its pretty nasty. but if you really want a bad ass sounding stock exhaust plus about 5 horsepower, gut your cat man. it's totally pimp. It sounds a good bit better than a test pipe. You'll just have to find your way to a good cat for emissions. Just see if you can find someone on PT or 6.com that has an old one they don't want and gut it. maybe something will turn up on ebay... MX-3 flywheels rock!! it pulls harder in every gear, i can't even imagine a fidanza. I had my first run tonight with a V6 stang from a roll and made him look like a damn fool. I'm looking at an underdrive pulley next. We will see how things work out.

Colin

·
Registered
23 Posts
here comes the money and the projects Im gettin some cash back from my 6 gettin broke into so im painting it body kitting it CAI headers coilovers and some other small projects carbon fiber dash a spoiler new bezel and gauges and maybe some under body lights :) cant wait to start working on it

Gonna paint it metallic black and put a chrome dual stripe from front to back on it

Also if anyone else wants to go in with me (must like stickers) im going to get a bigger version of the team speed 6 sticker and put it on my rear winshield and then put colorado springs Co. on the bottom to let people know who i run with so if you want in and would like to get the stickers made let me know and we will get up one weekend and get them made.

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh yeah what color should i do my engine i was thinkin yellow but whatever color i do my engine i want to do the underbody lights the same give me some input :)

and norv btw i found the body kit buybodykits.com has changed to www.illicit-racing.com i think thats it if im wrong do a search i actually called them yesterday and they have the buddy club grade A kit in stock and the 4 cyl cold air in stock hehe damn im gettin anxious to get started

C

·
0 Posts
Right on Collin!!!! Finally cant wait to go for a drive to feal the diff.

Buddy clubs from $250-450.THIS IS FOR YOU DAVID Dont Quote me on this but when you get the rear bumper, I think you get to cut the hole out on what side you want, and if anything it will be just be cut on the right side anyways, and dont even think about doing those Supra tail lights.

Hey N8- I bought this rear trunk lid from Justin with the spoiler on it, and its black,In perfect condition. I've been thinking about just giving it to you if you want it.Since you have that big rust spot on yours, I hate to just paint it red when it would perfect for your car. I paid $75 for it. So let me know maybe we can work something out. I bougt it but decided that I would like the trunk lid without any spoiler. Let me know If not Ill just fill in all the holes. Ughh!!!! NO body work

·
Registered
23 Posts
no no no i need a trunk lol mine is bentzored

and bro i saw those kits but the only problem is my debit card hasnt got here for my new bank and i dont do money orders just seems fishy id rather get my shizzy from a actuall dealership unless ebay takes paypal

·
Registered
20 Posts
rebel or anybody who needs it. i just got a factory manual. the one with like a 1000 pages for my 90 gt! if u guys need info from it let me know. it has a ton of pics. just thought i would let u guys know.

AMG

·
Registered
722 Posts
Brandon you might be able to help with this; I thought it would be fun to turbo either my or a friends pos car, so i got a very decent turbo at the junkyard in the springs yesterday.

I looked at the junkyard turbo list and couldnt find the turbo listed, like it matters anyways. The number on the turbo is TC05 - 10A it is a MHI and it came from some odd "Turbo Deisel" dodge(?) truck.

I payed 25 for it, it could have been 15 but the fricken exhaust mani wouldnt come off so i had to pay an extra 10$!

I started cleaning it and taking things off so it would make it easier to make a decision whether its good to use or not.

I would very much like to be able to get custom piping and what not in order to use this turbo on my car, and maybe consider that very cool IM that Mici has!

Ill take pictures later today and post em.

Let me know if im stupid for wanting to do this.

Evan

Y

·
0 Posts
whats up everyone, havent posted on a while. been pulling 6:00 pm- 6:00 am shifts for the past week. starting to get some $ so im gonna start looking for a 6 again. if anyone know anything about a probe or 6 for sale give me a holla. 720 837 8111 or 303 904 6852

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey can we have a meet

Hey can we have a meet here soon like say not this weekend since its to late to plan for it but like next weekend. I would like to get my stickers :) (cough norval 1 year cough) Plus i just dropped my car off to get painted and dents removed the insurance finally settled on my car gettin jacked 900 for body damage and 2700 for stereo. Im painting it Metallic Black (i finally decided on a color scheme) But with the metallic black im having him put extra gold flecks into the clear coat to make it shine more umm then im gettin two tone mirror/black tint the mirror color is going to be yellow Underbody lights will be yellow engine yellow and black the interior is going yellow and black.. My car should be finished painting by wed next week so id like to finally meet you guys somewhere let me know

David 719 667 7002

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
hey AMG thanks for the offer, I have one too :)
You should study it a bunch to get a feel for our cars. they really aren't too complicated compared to some. Then the modding can begin..

Hey evan sounds like you found a mitsu turbo. You should take a pic, I wanna see how big it is. Also, evo has a welder now so that makes things easier.

This week I ordered an EGT, ECU chip, installed a fuel pressure gauge on the hood, installed 2G struts and spring, made a rising rate FPR, and I'm getting the T3 manifold fixed.
next week or 2 is time for alki/water injection and a DSM bypass valve so I can push more than 10 psi of boost. Then the T3 goes back in with the EGT and it's time for RX7 fuel injectors and big boost is within reach!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here ya go...
I think the blades are in great shape, i still need to clean the setup up some more.

Oh and btw, i am leaving for Newport beach in southern california tomorrow morning. Wont be back till saturday, if you guys have a meet it should definitely be on th next sunday!

Also there is a mustang and other ford meet not to far from the place we are staying, there are gonna be 9 probes there! They are on PT and i will take pictures for yall to see!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok so i may not be able to catch you guys but im going to be heard coming down the road I had to cut the headers idea i was going to buy new ones but something came up
I HAVE NO MUSIC lol
So today i went and shopped around to find out how much a custom trunk would cost and subs and amps and ****

I found this
3 10" eclipse 800 watt subs
1 JBL 600 watt constant 2 ohm amp
a panasonic deck
and a custom trunk for 1800

I should have everything installed by friday with my new kickass almost unrobbable trunk :) you have to spend about 3 hours gettin this **** out. Im also going to still put the underbody lights
and a CAI I already have a exhaust so i figured id get a cai and it would give me a little boost in my lil 4 banger. I also found out that mirror tint is illegal in this state omg what a bunch of haters.
Im going to also go ahead and start painting my engine parts and gettin some colored heat shrink wrap should make it look a little better. Body kit is going to wait until after Iraq (i leave in october) pretty ****ty huh?

Lets please have a meet this next sunday NOT TOMORROW but next week Id like to show off the new paint and system (and get my STicker) :)

David

If you guys want to set up a meet give me a call 719 667 7002

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hay COMX6 i dont have your # grrrr, i lost it or somthing give me a call at 303 -531-8174 long story sort the motor getting droped out today

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Norv, lets definately work something out on that trunk lid. It would be nice to start fixin things up a bit, and if you got it for only $75, I could definately afford to give you most or all of what you paid for it. I finally got my rear brake stuff finished. New rear calipers and rotors, and some high temp paint on the calipers. Looks so good, now I need to get some rims to show it off. Painted my taillights black too. TOok a while to find a decent clearcoat. I was using an acrylic spray, and it kept making these weird bumps and making the tails hazy, so I went out and got some testors gloss cote. Much better. THat tails look badass now, cept one of em cracked when I was putting it back in. You gotta push those bitches in hard, and it decided it didn't like that. Still, nithong cracked off, the taillight just looks creased or somthin in one part. I was pretty bummed, but the end result still looks good, and I can always buy a new tail light housing when I have the money. Anyways, things are going pretty good for me. Hope everyone else is faring well. Lets set up a meet sometime soon. We gotta double up now that COSR is down. lol.

C

·
0 Posts
You got it N8. I havent painted it yet so its all yours. Its in premo condition too. Let me know when you want to get it. Or if you want You can come down some day and we will take yours off and put this one on.

361 - 380 of 1622 Posts