Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 1622 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
well just an update, 1st i gave you the wrong # sorry 521-8174 :) not 531……

well I had to drop the ***ing motor do to the last person installed a water pump and crossed threaded 2!!! Yes 2 bolts going into the motor and i snapped 1off inside the motor, and the 2nd one I got out today, but being that my motor was on the ground I figured why the hell not fix the motor so right now the motor is in 100’s of parts next to my MR2 motor (my race car) in the same little room, I’ll try and get a pic up in the next day or 2 of that, you all will be WTF are you crazy ( o ya that’s a yes ) but im going to be upping the engine compression to 10.? Or 11.0.1 I’ll know tomorrow on that, I’ll be going .20 over stock also. I’m also getting all new gaskets for the motor ( I think there was more oil on the outside of my motor then on the inside) and I may also knife edge the crank as well ( I’m still thinking about it) o ya and also a new oil pump.

Just to let every one know in all my life I never had this hard of a time ripping a motor apart, but I can tell you that after getting down to this cars hart and soul, there is a tone of room for power. Before I had to drop the motor I was thinking of selling the car and getting myself another MR2 Turbo but right now I’m thinking of holding on to the car a little more time and seeing what I can all do with it for power as a NA, and if im not happy I’m going to have to sell her after 5 years, and look into another car with some boost and with a higher top speed, I can only get my PGT up to 135, has any one had there’s over that?

All well I need to get some sleep late

·
Registered
722 Posts
I figured id post, im in cali now on my moms laptop!
Ahhh nice weather and ocean! I feel sorry for you guys couped up in the hot nasty weather of colorado!

Well I went to the ford meet and talked to a few of the pgt owners there, they have some nice cars, geez!

Also i have only seen 2 6's and 4 pgts other than the meet.

I have pics i can post on sunday, i would like to plan a meet for sunday if possible.
And bakcice; i know a girl who has had her 6 LS up to 140.
I will talk to u all later.
Evan
Back to the beach tomorrow and tan my white ass!

C

·
0 Posts
Is everyone still wanting to get together tommorow? I've seen many post on it but no plans. What are we doing tomorow guys?
I'm game for anything really as long as it later in the afternoon around 5-6 ish. If anybody has something to bring to the table lets rock.
Call me

Norv
720-272-2746

·
Registered
51 Posts
Back by popular demand, we're having a meet tomorrow...

It was brought up and we decided not to say anything else about it... So whos coming? clement park again? what time... i might have to work, but i have norvs number so i can always catch up with you guys later; If he decides that answering his phone is the cool thing to do...:E But we should at least do SOMETHING. I start school on Monday!

Let me know ..
Colin

C

·
0 Posts
How about 5 Pm at Clemet. Short notice but I have to take this trunk lid to N8 so it works out good. Hope to see some of you guys their. If you feal like racing I know wheir a bunch of people hang out. I'm sure someone would be willing to run

·
Registered
51 Posts
We should meet like around 7 and then cruise over to the hamburger stand.... everyone always meets up there around 8. I work til 6:30, so if we meet up earlier (which is cool) i won't make it til later... it's still kinda hot around 5 tho... But anyways, lets take a head count, if your meeting up tomorrow, chime in and say something..

Colin

·
Registered
722 Posts
So how was the meet the other day?
I couldnt go because my prior plans had fallen through! sucks.

I have pics of the meet that i went to in california... here they be

I have more, but they are kinda boring since i could only be there for about 20 minutes!
If you want to see the other 6 or 7 i can post em.

C

·
0 Posts
Ya the Hamburger Stand in Lakewood had some really nice cars. Definately a good spot to goa a chill. Just about every car their was turbo'd too. Pretty cool.
So what are you planning with your turbo Evan? I had just ordered Maximum boost the other day so I can be a Gigalo and get a better understanding of all this and do a cheaper system myself. Hope it helps

·
Registered
722 Posts
Im guessing that no one is posting because school started? mine starts on monday.
Norv is that your 4th name on this site? lol

I was actually cleaning the turbo up a little today, I was also trying to learn more about turbo apps. and etc.
I am really going to look into getting a custom exh. mani and if that is cheap then i will make plans to install after i slowly receive oil lines and things.
But im just dreamin now.
I should receive the pt sway bar and altima end links by the end of the week, I also start my new job tomorrow and make about 200$ by monday! I need to replace the drivers side half shaft since the boot is torn! Sonofa!
And thats my update.

Evan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Damn Norv, if you woulda told me you wanted a copy of Maximum Boost, I woulda let you borrow mine. Tons of info, enough that you're gonna have to read it several times to absorb it all. I have the money for that trunk lid for ya by the way. Ill get it to you next time we meet up.

:mad: My car hates me. Every time I fix something, its good for about 2 weeks to a month before something else starts to go. I was actually making some money, and was hoping to get some headers, or a paint job or something, and then my clutch decides to go. It was always kinda weak, but now I gotta drive like a grandma just to keep the thing engaged. Oh well, something breaking is just an excuse to replace it with something better right? Anyways, if anyone has some good info or recomendations on clutches, id appreciate it. PM me, or my e-mail is [email protected]. And if anyone wants to volenteer to help me replace it, it be very grateful, and maybe even show my gratitude with some cash. Anyways, theres my post for the week.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I guess since no one posts like i said before...
I will update; college is cool for the first 4 days. Cool chicks a few nice cars, got to drive a new friends TSI talon with 15 psi and newly installed Turbo XS bov. Because of that experience I am going to start a turbo fund and put cash in there so that i can get the custom parts needed to install everything.

Also i installed the PT sway bar with Poly urethane bushings and nissan altima endlinks yesterday!

I made 280 $ in the first 4 days of my new job, its goin towards a TP and new tires and a junkyard IM and TB from a PGT in the springs , also a 65mm bored tb and a new driverside half shaft.
All this is gonna happen by the middle of sept.!

cant wait to spend some cash.
later
Evan

·
Registered
51 Posts
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

})

B

·
0 Posts
hey guys haven't been able post in a while because i lost my computer due to a some stupid virus and they wouldn't let me log in so i changed my sn, anyway i was wondering if anyone is going up to the import drags on sunday at bandi

laterz
jeff

381 - 400 of 1622 Posts