Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in my 353 lift 210 duration colt street grind cams along with klze intake. These things rock. Mad power through out the entire rpm band. In fack i have a little secret about a cam grind that he is planing on doing. This grind will alow us to make more tq in the bottom than stock and more hp on top than the street grind. More info to come. Plan on dynoing when i get my A pillar gauge pod in so i can hook up my wide bank/lambda a:f ratio sensor. I have before dyno results to compare them to as well so i'll post a overlap on here right after i send Geoff the results. As far as what he is offering right now I don't think any other cam company can touch his work. Very proffesional man with a great attitude. I did run into a slight problem when installing the rear bank exhaust cam. Cam #441 i acualy broke it when i put it in and did'nt know it. I do performance and driveabiliy for a living so this was a little shocking since everything was tq, sequenced right and i did'nt have to much trouble getting them in. So just as a note for those who are not so mechanically inclined, put in the intake cam in the back head first then put in the exhaust cam and turn the intake cam while you place in the exhaust cam so that the alignment marks face straight up then turn the crank until the exhaust cam drops down into the cam carrier bearing. (Do not force the cams) Make sure once you have the cams in that your alignment mark on the cam gears line up.( just so no one is confused when i say cam gears im talking about the gears that have the friction ring in it.) well its really on the exhaust cam. Once everything is down in place make sure you follow the cam bearing tightening sequence and tq specs. Thats it. Anyway didn't really mean to get off topic just wanted to praise Geoff for his excellent work and the price was sweet to at just $360.00 to be grinded and shipped back if your in the bulk buy for 3 sets or more. if you fall in the 5 sets or more range you can get them grinded for $338.00 shipped back to your door. :tup:

Later,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
<------- I like arrows too!:wave:

nah, I'm interested in the numbers!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
idles with just a tad of lope. nothing at all dramatic and that is with the polyurethan inserts. idles around 700 rpms with coolant mode switched in normal mod, and idles about 800 rpms with coolant mod switched on. idle speed will depend on the resistance of coolant mode if you have it. I can tell you when i switched on the coolant mod last time i was at the dyno i made almost 10 whp more because i richened up to where i needed to be. I can tell a big difference with the cams and intake with the coolant mod turn on versuses turned off. With it off i run on the lean side of 13.8 with it on and adjusted properly i can fine tune to 12.7 where i make my most power. Im still waiting on my a pilar gauge pod from spmotorsports.com its been over a month now and still hasn't arrived. I call them and they tell me any day now. BS. Once i get it and install it i will have a place to put my a:f sensor gauge instead of it sitting on the dash like it is now. Hopfully it will come soon i really want to see how much these cams and the klze intake are good for on the dyno. But dyno feels real good, but i know how people are in here so i must provide the proff.

Geoff if your reading this you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then,
Later,
Ryan

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gunmetalpgt said:
any possibility of getting videos of your car's idle and perhaps in car acceleration?
thanks
I do have a video camera but i have no idea how i would put the footage on here. Im not very computer literate when it comes to home computers and different programs to use. Maybe someone here can explain it to me in like a 5th grade level. :jump:

later,
Ryan

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Ryelt69 said:
Its a camcorder.
there should have been a cable to hook it up to the computer and there should have been a software disc that came with it too. you will have to load the software disc and after the installation you will need to hook up the usb cable from the camera to the computer. then open the program that loaded from the software disc. then you turn on the camera to playback mode and click on capture video. thats the normal way to load video. and once you capture it, you can email the video to me and i can do a quick edit and host it for ya if you want.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
OT pruning :)

summary: it may or may not have the proper interface. if it does, thats the best way to get it onto your computer :) Dry pretty much covered it, if it is indeed capable of either usb or firewire transfer. thats the only OT post that'll stay since you requested the info (original poster)

congrats on the cams :) have always heard good things about colt. can't wait to see/hear some vid footage if everything works out with your camcorder

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
*edited for use of the word asshole.

now on topic, ryan, im moving down to lakeland in two weeks. once i get comfy down there, we will have to schedule a meet, im thinking something with those tampa guys? whatcha think about that, i would like to see how much those cams/im make a difference over the stock motor.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
:) point made, reply seen by intended recipient, back to the ontopic thread!

I have a cams question - is colt open with its grind specs? specifically i'd like more info on this turbo grind they have... so i can run it through a few sims and see where in the rpm band benefits can be had, or for that matter the (approximate) peak gains, if any.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.