Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Even better is the possible 4ws/4wd GD platform.. according to MSGTR, it is possible..
Its not possible...through my research, there was never a factory 4WD/4WS avalible to the public...there was talk among the mazda engineers, and maybe a prototype? But none ive heard about.

It MAY be possible to have a custom job, would have to have custom rear spindles made...

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Its not possible...through my research, there was never a factory 4WD/4WS avalible to the public...there was talk among the mazda engineers, and maybe a prototype? But none ive heard about.
It MAY be possible to have a custom job, would have to have custom rear spindles made...
MSGTR actually metionned that they talked bout that only.

Virtually, anything is possible ... now the question ... Is it worth the hassle?
I wouldn't go through a fabing nightmare to get 4WS personnaly ... but that is just me ...

Peace
NSXR

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Just read thru the whole thing and I must say u did a great job.

If u wanna do something, just do it ... people tend to say nothing is possible so ignore them.

Peace
NSXR

PS: I am still waiting to see someone create the MX6/626 coupe 4WD.
That's what I'm waiting for too! AWD MX-6 would CERTAINLY be worth the international fame!! The local inspection agents aren't too excited about the idea though :(

Even better is the possible 4ws/4wd GD platform.. according to MSGTR, it is possible..
The problem is the 4WS and AWD parts are considerably different to each other... the only way I can imagine is the lateral arms on AWD were replaced with hydraulic rams. Proper AWD parts don't have RWD CV joints in the rear axle,, and 4WS won't bolt on to AWD parts :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thought I would share a little update on this project...

Its been a few years since I last worked with the car, and a bit was sold and parted out. The 4WS is still all there, and I am currently swapping in the 4WS front sub-frame and getting the system (and car for that matter) back on the road. Couldn't stand to see it sit and rot away after all the work i put into it.

Swapping in a FE3, because the F2 isn't cool enough for 4WS :cool:

Cams suck lol. Engine has aluminum pan, O2 sensor, low compression cams but has Knock sensor, NO oil cooler...

81 - 90 of 90 Posts