Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
[
Find Comments Here: http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-faq-transmission/196170-how-auto-manual-transmission-swap.html
]

Excellent write up SinCity. I have done this conversion myself a couple of times now and it is very straight forward. Especially if you have a donor car.

Just a few things though -

All four motor mounts and bolts/nuts[/quote]You only need the 3 gearbox mounts, the side engine mount is the same.

Manual trans axles, connector shaft, and hubs
Auto shafts will work, but you will need to use the manual intermediate shaft. Hubs are the same.

The front struts are different, but you can use the auto trans struts
I have never seen different front struts between auto and manual, what was different about yours?
Wire harness (the one that runs along radiator support, LF fender, and into fuse box on driver‘s kick panel)
Wire harness (alternator harness, goes from alternator to fuseable link box under hood)
You do not need to change any wiring harnesses. There is only a very small amount of wiring needed to make the car run. I have outlined it in this post -
http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-general/195628-atx-mtx-swap-quick-question.html#post1878762

Alternator from 5 speed car
From what i have read on this site, ATX turbo alternators have the highest amp output of any F2 powered car, might be better to leave the auto one in?

Jesse

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Excellent write up SinCity. I have done this conversion myself a couple of times now and it is very straight forward. Especially if you have a donor car.

Just a few things though -

You only need the 3 gearbox mounts, the side engine mount is the same.

Auto shafts will work, but you will need to use the manual intermediate shaft. Hubs are the same.

The struts are different part numbers for the auto and manual. I am not sure what the differences are (valving?) but I did run around on the auto struts for a while until I got my new ones.

I have never seen different front struts between auto and manual, what was different about yours?
You do not need to change any wiring harnesses. There is only a very small amount of wiring needed to make the car run. I have outlined it in this post -
http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-general/195628-atx-mtx-swap-quick-question.html#post1878762

From what i have read on this site, ATX turbo alternators have the highest amp output of any F2 powered car, might be better to leave the auto one in?

Jesse
The engine mount is different. IIRC the manual mount is offset by about two inches on the turbo GT. I don't know if they are different on the non-turbo cars.

I never tried the auto driveshafts to see if they would work, but I do know there were differences between the two.

You are right that the auto alternator has a 10 amp higher output. I don't remember if the connector was different between the two, but I did change mine to the manual alternator just to keep things simple.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok what i can only help to type correctly my buddy is doing the work im there to do anything possible to help. Looking for answer thing to consider so hear what I am looking for is someone, that someone who knows the correct help i would be looking for .What is needed should be with more information for my mechanic friend . need information over basic principals with wiring to or from .Electrical WIRING guides that are pacific on what connections need to be made in place between swap on the transmissions.
please do not comment over what i should do or comments towards having to do with every single
mechanical part that is having to be delta with, The job hear going to switching out to different transmission The automatic gets pulled dropped ,and the manual is going to be installed, NOW is with what i am asking the manual transmission information that will make all life better towards electrical wiring set up..
help bring her -- my car start up motor brought back to life and thus comes down too the electrical wiring connections at engine to and from. On this particular vehicle. model my vehicle .shay is her name shay she is prototype 1991 Mazda mx that's DX. .Stock 4 cylinder engine current transmission finally gave up on me. I give some detail into why later, but automatics trans hear. is junk is automatic help to get him some knowledge over 1st generation mx6 stock engine is 2.2 liter non turbo.4 cylinder motor yes i have no to much basically say but basically is stock .now the automatic transmission its junk. Questions about how the RANGe and pulling that out wear as the manual does not need that so what are the plug in connections one big load wire in side plasric cover under neath the gang dsonsor

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
ok what i can only help to type correctly my buddy is doing the work im there to do anything possible to help. Looking for answer thing to consider so hear what I am looking for is someone, that someone who knows the correct help i would be looking for .What is needed should be with more information for my mechanic friend . need information over basic principals with wiring to or from .Electrical WIRING guides that are pacific on what connections need to be made in place between swap on the transmissions.
please do not comment over what i should do or comments towards having to do with every single
mechanical part that is having to be delta with, The job hear going to switching out to different transmission The automatic gets pulled dropped ,and the manual is going to be installed, NOW is with what i am asking the manual transmission information that will make all life better towards electrical wiring set up..
help bring her -- my car start up motor brought back to life and thus comes down too the electrical wiring connections at engine to and from. On this particular vehicle. model my vehicle .shay is her name shay she is prototype 1991 Mazda mx that's DX. .Stock 4 cylinder engine current transmission finally gave up on me. I give some detail into why later, but automatics trans hear. is junk is automatic help to get him some knowledge over 1st generation mx6 stock engine is 2.2 liter non turbo.4 cylinder motor yes i have no to much basically say but basically is stock .now the automatic transmission its junk. Questions about how the RANGe and pulling that out wear as the manual does not need that so what are the plug in connections one big load wire in side plasric cover under neath the gang dsonsor
Did you use an online translator to write this post? If so you should try a different one.
If not WTF.

I can only guess what you're asking, I believe this thread has some answers:
GT AUTO to 5SPEED SWAP

Reactions: juanpac_tupac
1 - 4 of 4 Posts