Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
nice writeup...doesn't seem that hard when you explain it like you did....luckily my GT doesn't have ABS!! hahah

btw, what brand of studs did you use? OEM from the dealer? or from the Help! section at Schmucks? lol:tup:

stoopid karma rules said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fastest95PGT again.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
did u get the rear rotors come with bearings?

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
megalomaniac32x said:
Rear rotors WILL NOT come with bearings. They are bought seperately and have to pressed into the new rotor.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yeah i know they have to be pressed in, i had to add one when i swapped the rear disc brakes to mine. he didint mention it so i was aking if they came already installed.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, I didn't even know this thread existed (Panther made it and edited my post) :tup: Now I'm here to comment.
HotAss6GT said:
nice writeup...doesn't seem that hard when you explain it like you did....luckily my GT doesn't have ABS!! hahah
Thanks. That's the point of the thread because I was a little nervous myself when I started reading my factory manual and searching about it. No one had pictures of the rotor replacement so I figured that was my turn to contribute.
btw, what brand of studs did you use? OEM from the dealer? or from the Help! section at Schmucks? lol:tup:
Local parts store.. cost me $2.70 each I think. I figured the originals would be a pain to get out so why not just buy new ones (Only $27 for the 10 I need for the rear)... but damn, had to remove them anyways to get the ABS ring off and since I already had the new ones pressed into my new rotors, I was stuck with them.
megalomaniac32x said:
Nope, local parts store was something like $25 each.
tyler886 said:
Might want to also add that the rear calipers are threaded, incase some n00b attempts brakes without having the proper tools if needed.
Are you talking about the piston? I agree, I'll edit the post to mention that since I did kinda jump over the pad install section.

To those reading this, the piston in the caliper is not just a push out push in style.. it's actually threaded into the caliper. See those two little notches in the piston on this picture?.. grab those with some needlenose plyers and turn it clockwise to have it go back into the caliper. And of course, open the bleeder so the fluid can go out easier (and not blow out the seals in your master cylinder ;)).

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have R4S pads on my 2g and I love them. That's why I went with them on the 1g as well. :tup:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never used EBC Green Stuff pads but I've only heard great things about them. However, since I have used the R4S pads, that's what I went with on the 1g as well. So up to you, you could always swap them over later if you think the R4S's could do better.

I don't have a gear puller so there goes that idea. ;) I had already thought of ways to pull it if what I did didn't work. But it did work and was quite easy as long as you take things slow... plus requires no tools you didn't already have out there (though you may use a shorter extension, that's just the first 3/8" one I grabbed).

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
so i know im bringing this back from the grave a bit, but anyone have the pictures that go along with this by chance?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts