Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey- I recently bought a '94 mx6, which has some sun damage on the trunk. I am now torn between only touching up the sun damage or repainting the whole car (either black,blue, or orange). The car is currently a hunter green, with tan interior. If i were to paint the whole car, i have some questions about where to get it done. There are a few collision centers around my area that do paintjobs, and there is also the option of maaco. Just wondering whether or not to get it done at maaco or check out other places. And if i were to repaint the whole car-which color?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally...out of those three colors, I like the blue. I think blue looks hot with beige interior....the orange would clash with the interior. I think if u have the money to paint the whole car i would paint it that really nice electric blue and i wouldnt go to just any place....i would really look into different places.

·
Registered
299 Posts
NO MAACO

Dont go anywhere near Maaco. As they dont mention to you, they only warranty their paint against peeling for ONE YEAR>>> AAAHHH..... any reputable body shop will stand behind their work for at least 3 years, or more. So in fewer words, Maaco sucks.

Hope it helps..... And find someone good to do the work... pay a little bit more if u have to to get it done right.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 1994 6 LS, green and i am changing it to orange (favorite color). So i am saying you shouldn't go with orange.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd recommend you paint the whole car. Reason being is that the even tho they'll match the paint now, the rate of fade will be different between the old and new paints and you'll end up with a bit of a disaster.

Colour? Be adventurous. My favourite pic of an MX6 is JP's in a metallic orange - that looked really nice.

Sorry Wu!

·
Registered
95 Posts
that's know problem at least i know someone else has good taste. i have a picture of an orange mx6 with a shogun kit and it looks so nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the help. I have not quite decided on the color, but i think that i will paint the whole car. I am some what leaning towards orange (since is it also my favorite color), but who knows. Thank you once again for the help.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't go half way or cheap when it comes to your car, it will come back to haunt you.
Listen to anyone that says to stay away from Maaco, it looks good for a short period, then your screwed after the first year.

Use referrals, go to aftermarket or specialty stores and they usually have good sources on where they send their customers.
Research and don't rush, never feel pressurred to spend your money unwisely.

I'm actually getting my car painted after the winter....sorry, can't tell the colour. I've spent 5 grand this summer on upgrades and modifications and plan to spend at least the same amount next year on the interior, paint job and sound system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought i was gonna be all original and paint my 6 orange. I guess great minds think a like

·
Registered
299 Posts
Green..... Mmmm.....

My colour will be a bright limey del solish Green once I get the funds for a really good job..... like 3 grand or so...... Im gettin the body kit seemlessly molded at same time i think..... should look nice.......... But this is in far off future..... maybe next summer.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about yellow, but i think i want something a little bit darker. My interior in black so i can pick almost any color. I was also thinking about the blue... so many colors but only one car

·
Registered
99 Posts
the maaco around me has a 4 year warrenty on ANYTHING that happens to ur paint -peeling, cracking, fading- anything...

maybe mine is a special one or something....

i got my car estimated there-my 6 is hunter green-the roof/truck/spoiler/front bumper have the worst sun damage
they gave me an estimate of 1012....

soo i dont know....

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw a picture of a car with a cool gradient. The front was yellow and the back was orange.

I know little about paint jobs. Is this possible (or is it computer software)? How much more does this cost?

`jjj

·
Registered
299 Posts
Maybe the Maaco near you is different...... Because the ones here give a one year warranty and after that your on your own..... Not good........ See what people who have gone there have to say about it

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts