Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so went to autobarn asked for a compression test kit for my engine they looked at me as if to say wat the fuck are you talking about...said they'd never heard of such thing..I basically laughed and walked out...I guess supercheap or repco is the next bet???

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Supercheap have ones that you screw in like a spark plug for about $40, and ones that you push into the spark plug hole for about $30.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay someone told me theres single use and repeated use ones whats the difference?? and am I better going the repeated use ones??

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
best of getting a screw in comp tester, more accurate, and lot easier to use on most engines.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Autobarn has them I bought one from there a few weeks ago...

Stupid idiots... just ask for a compression tester. It looks like a tyre gauge with a spark plug thread on the other end. I've never heard of a 1 use one.... that would suck if you had a 8 cyl engine :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
i was wanting to buy one, but would only use it once...
would anyone here allow me to do a compression test for me?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same sabbai..I might do it at yours then...if thats ok..wanna start on doign this front bar after this week of exams so I want to get some advice off you for that anyways...will sms you later in the week...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts