Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did a compression test today. the results were good till i got to cylinder #3 not so good.... 150 psi dry 180 psi wet all of the rest were right around 220 psi.i guess my question is what could cause such a low number on #3. i know rings is prolly it but could it be any thing else and is there a way to test to figure it out? b.t.w this is on a ze

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
That is no good at all. My bet would be a bad ring as you said, could be caused by a fuel or spark issue on that cylinder though, so fixing the ring might give you the same problem again.

Have you dont compression check before? Maybe it was the old mx6 it came out of's problem that did it?

What does that mean if the compression goes up when you go wet, isnt that a sure sign that the ring is cracked/blown/fucked?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wet means i put oil in the cylinder to see if it was the rings. im just hopeing i might be some thing else.i have never done a compression test on this motor before. i only have 14oo miles on the install.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Yer I know what wet is, I was saying if you do drop oil in and it the compression goes heaps higher, doesnt that mean that ring is fucked as a good ring would make no difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts