Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if a "Jet" computer chip for my 96 M Edition is worth it. The website says that it is garenteed to add AT LEAST 18hp for only $400 bucks. It sounds worth the price for me. Could anyone who this a chip tell me how good it is? If you want to look at the chip goto http://www.jetchip.com/imports/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DON'T do it

I asked this same question a while back, and Mike94PGT firmly convinced me NOT to go with JetChips' ECU, nor ANY chip from any manufacturer. This guy knows his stuff, and said that the $400 would be best spent toward other upgrades such as a cat-back exhaust system (Borla or GReddy). If you do a search and can find the couple of posts Mike has on this subject, you'll see that he can find no documented evidence of the 18+ HP claim made by JetChips. He was also shrugged off by JetChips after numerous phone calls and emails asking for dyno charts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed you have an M Edition too

Cool! There aren't that many of them on this site, or around anywhere. I was just talking to a middle-aged Salesman at a Mazda dealership over the weekend, and he said that all estimates he's heard indicate that only 3,000-3,500 M Editions were produced in both the US AND Canada. He was surprised to hear that I have one. So, is yours black, white, or burgundy like mine?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep

xTSTONEx said:
Mine is burgandy... is burgandy an m edition exclusive color?
Yeah, I just found out recently that Burgundy Mica was only offered on the M Edition MX-6, but was later available on the '99 Millenia as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts