Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cone filter for the 6 a lil while ago, and after I installed it the damm thing turned into a BOV, hehe, it makes lil whooosh noise from 1-2 & 2-3, prob makes it in higher gears but road noises prob cancel it out. it only makes the noise when shifting around 2000-3000 RPM. Has this happened to anyone else. I took it off and put the stock unit back in though. Also when I get a real BOV what can I do to fix the backfiring prob & the richness, lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
ya, that tents to happen on most/all cars when a filter or intake is intalled. No one really noticed my car till I installed a cone filter. Maybe thats why:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine does the same thing, its actually pretty entertaining to listen too when im cruisin' around town. you get alotta second looks with it, thats for sure.

·
Registered
601 Posts
mine doesnt do that.. or maybe my muffler is just too loud to hear it, are your filters located in the stock area ?, o an does anyone know where I can buy an oil line thing for the turbo

G

·
Its just the sound of the air that was flowing into the intake flow back out the cone filter after the throttle body butterfly shuts.

More obvious on a turbo car, but you can hear it on a non turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts