Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thanks mike for the control arm...

now before i make another appointment for the mechanic.... is this something i can put in myself with basic tools and a good jack? or should i really just wait until i can get my car in... again... to get this done and after i get it on.... oh i know its hard to beleive but....... im actually going to get an alignment... yeah thats right... im not just going to complain about my steering wheel being turned a quarter turn to the right im going to really get it done. if you dont remember i was the one getting instructed by many to get my alignment professionally done while i continued to ask out to do it myself

and if you know anything about stereos you could veiw my thread in the audio electronics board

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79981

traffic there is limited and i thought if i brought it up here i might get a response quicker

thanks
pnut

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just recently replaced the control arm on the right front of a 93 LS. Getting the stablizer bar end link off was easy. Take a brass punch and put it on the skinny part of the link facing the opposite direction that the end link sits on the ball joint. Just give it a good tap and it will come right off. The bushing stayed on but I got it off with vice grips. It got a little chewed up but it was just fine to go back into the end link ring. Im assuming that getting those end links will work the same all the way around the car. The toughest part of the control arm was getting the ball off of the arm that the end link sits on. Im not sure if anybody asked this question but there ya go. If you are having some problems there is what I did to solve them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts