Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been thinking about this for awhile. Im either going to convert my LX into a euro-spec GTi with the 2.0 dohc engine or just buy a US-spec GT. If I do the motor swap, what all would be needed to convert my car to the GT specs? I know the rear disc breaks can be transfered, what about that adjustable steering? How could I add that to an LX? Thanks for the help guys, If I do get the GTi engine...I will probably turbo it to around 7-10 psi, all depends on what advice i get. so any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think in the long run it would be a helluva lot easier just to buy a GT. I dunno if it worth trying to make the adjustable steering work, and getting everything else to work. I think it would cost you more to make a Frankenstein LX. However as a fellow LX owner I am all for someone trying these ideas out.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thats what i thought too. I like my car too much to sell it even though i will be buying one just like it. I probably will just get a GT.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I once thought about converting to the DOHC engine when my head cracked. The Kia sportage has the same engine. I ended up just putting a new 2.2 head on the car. I figure one day I will buy a GT as a second car. For now I can live with my LX. :) It does do 0-60 in 9.28 seconds :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts