Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help I have a 2007 mazda 6. It has coolant in all pistons and will not run due to wet plugs. how do I find out if I have a BLOWN HEAD GASKET or cracked head. All the help i can get will be helpful. Also there is no visual sign of coolant in the oil just on top of pistons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it did not over heat when I was driving. I was driving to work when the car lost power I pulled over and that's when the temp light came on. and the car would not start up. I hope I didn't damaged the block.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can rent one of those coolant pressure testers from advance auto and apply it to the radiator and pump it up to the proper psi and see if it slowly looses pressure on the gauge on it. If it does you known you have a leak somewhere. If you can see it leaking outside on the ground then it is obviously internal

·
Registered
257 Posts
For what it's worth, most cars nowadays have an automatic overheat shutoff. I was thumbing through my Dad's '10 F150 manual and it basically said that once the engine started to overheat, it would enter "limp mode" and fire each cylinder every other time to increase airflow through the engine. If you continued to drive it, eventually it would shut itself down, and not enable a restart till it had cooled.

I wouldn't ever recommend relying on such systems though, you're far better off never letting it get that hot in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts