Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bad coolant leak. i have looked all over and was wonering if anyone else suffered from this problem. please advise where it would be leaking from.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Most common leak in these cars is the turbo coolant hoses. You have to take off the mainifold heat shield to get a good look at it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i've replaced ALL hoses that have to do with the coolant system on my car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you sure as of right now my car is out of comission due to a coolant hose its behind the engine. It connect to the oil cooler in the back and then goes around to the engine block. There are two of those prebent hoses there not sure if the other one also caries cooling fluid.

G

·
0 Posts
i have a coolant leak freom behind the engine also. i suspect one of the 2 hoses back there but i can never quite catch it leaking. at stop lights every once in a while i smell collant, and i've left a puddle while parked once or twice. this guy i know said it could be the heater hose?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Many people with these cars have had the filler neck of the radiator crack. That happened to me a little while ago. Tough to find because it is just a crack and not a lot of coolant leaks out because it is above the coolant level and it is a plastic piece that you wouldn't normally expect to break. Your car will reek of coolant if this happens. My car was driveable when this happened and I took my time getting it fixed.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Radiator

Hey everyone, about 7 or 8 months ago I had to replace my radiator on my '91 LE. I'm not saying that this is the problem but on my radiator the little plate that read's "Calsonic", or something like that, (it's the little plate on top of the radiator on the left) it developed a crack around it and started leaking real bad. Well I replaced it with a junkyard special and that radiator had the same problem so please keep a check on it fellow Sixers. Also be sure your radiator cap has the right pressure matched to your car and radiator's specifications. Hope I've helped a little. Take care.

JohnathanJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts