Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-my car is a 95 Probe GT 2.5l 5-speed and I removed the valve covers and intake both to replace gaskets and to paint. Now I am at a roadblock with the 2 water connections on the thermostat housing, the 5/8" vacuum/pcv line on the back side of intake manifold (against the firewall) and then the large port on the intake manifold beneath the pcv port. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi-my car is a 95 Probe GT 2.5l 5-speed and I removed the valve covers and intake both to replace gaskets and to paint. Now I am at a roadblock with the 2 water connections on the thermostat housing, the 5/8" vacuum/pcv line on the back side of intake manifold (against the firewall) and then the large port on the intake manifold beneath the pcv port. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
Well I figured this out with some clear thought this morning. Photo 0430 is a vacuum line with a 90 degree elbow at the throttle body and plugs into the cold air intake tube.
Photo 0432 are the lines coming off the heater core that were buried and out of my view until this morning.
Photo 0432 is the vacuum line that runs along front valve cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you got it figured out. I would have enjoyed being able to help, but I nothing looked very familiar to me since I don't believe I've ever had mine taken that far apart. Or if I did, it's been so long that I forgot. I did replace the valve cover gaskets a long time ago and I changed the timing belt a long time ago also. That's the extent of the engine work I have done on mine. I lack the ambition that I once had, LOL.
Got any pictures of your Probe? I haven't seen on of those in literally 20 years around here in N.E. Ohio. I test drove a nice looking yellow 93 Probe back when it was brand new, yes I'm that old, HAHA. I opted for the MX6 via a gentle nudge from my girlfriend at the time. She was a smart cookie, and I married her and I still keep her around to make the important decisions, LOL.
Here is a pic from 2014....
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts