Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in touch with a guy that distributes Hussey copper head gaskets. He says that they are compatible with aluminum heads. Now, seeing how I tear into my motor so much, it would be nice for me to have a head gasket I can re use. Is there ANYONE who has used a copper head gasket out there? I am seriously looking into this, and if I don;t get much opposition then I'll be ordering mine soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
what are his prices? most don't have them because they are always expensive. but def a good thing to get, and for a better seal under boost.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have a copper headgasket and oringed block on my f2t which ran 108mph and 40 000ks with no problems.

·
Registered
63 Posts
from what i have heard paeco is an awesome company, and i was debating on sending my heads out to them, but i found some good local places so we'll see. i have heard good and bad, but mostly good.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
FlySwat said:
Peaco = :tup:
Yeah, when I had my '92 Protege I sent some stuff to them for some work and it came back great. I have also been considering the copper head gasket issue for quite some time, and from them too, but everyone with the high HP FE's are using stock Kia headgaskets, so I'm gonna stick with that too for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Head Gasket

I just ordered a Hussey Copper gasket for my 6 and I am using the .092" which would be around 2.3368 mm thickness to reduce my CR with stock kia pistons AND OH YEAH THE PRICE IS $89.99 www.flatlanderracing.com check them out guys and girls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts