Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine is an ex-cop (now in IT) and has himself a 735. He's always astounded when he comes for a drive in the 6 about how the MX-6 handles and drives...

Anyway we've raced a couple of times, and usually I let him start and then slowly catch up.

Last time we raced was on the Eastern Freeway in Melbourne, got onto the freeway together, looked at each other and off we went, I got up to 140k then backed off... cops like this freeway, anyway he keeps going, 160k, 170k.. 5km from the city, now we're in instant loss of licence territory and possible jail sentence!

Next thing you know out pops our little friends with their flashing lights and proceed to catch my friend (who has now slowed down) in their 220kw GenIII chev powered holden. I pull over from a distance and watch my mate get out of the car and wait for the cop. After 5 minutes or so the cop gets in the car and drives off!! Unbelievable!!

Amazing what a bit of smooth talking, work history, and still knowing some names can do! (He swears blind he was doing 175-180 past the copper)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
LOL!!!!!!

mad dad was a State Cop here in Michigan. ive been pulled over about 10-15 times and never have gotten a ticket. @- they ask me if my dad is Tom, i say "yep" and then the cops are really friendly and let me go!! hehe, i love it. cops look after other cops. so im not surprised they let your buddy go. cool story.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
379 Posts
Jiffy: 140 kph = 87 mph; 160 = 99 mph; 170 = 106 mph; 180 = 112 mph

Hey Ric, do any of those Commodore SSs have left-hand-drive? :) Worth a try, anyway... *would die if he could import one*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts