Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Corksport today to order their front strut bar. I expected them to be out of them, but figured I'd try anyways. They guy I talked to said they were out but as soon as the guys from the machine shop get back from vacation he's going to ask if they will make any more bars.

So everyone cross your fingers!

I also asked about the rear subframe brace. He said they are out of those too but are going to make more, this time in aluminum so they will be more fancy, not just a piece of steel with 2 holes drilled in it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Good news for those that want one of these. I still think that they have the best designed bar for a 1st gen. Maybe they can produce them for a bit less money; and then a lot more people could then buy one.

Hmm; don't know if I like the idea of an aluminum rear tie... not sure how much strength is needed back there. Be prepared to "hang" your suspension to put it on.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
If they drop the price of the corksport front bar, I'll be interested. And what do you mean by "hang" the rear suspension?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
To get the rear tie bar on; you must put the rear of the car on jacks; "hang the suspension" and may have to loosen the three rear strut screws.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
There were major changes/benifits but I did everything together; front strut bar; rear strut bar and rear tie.

Kenny, what did you do with the old head from your LX? I could use some of those parts.

[Edited by Manifest on 01-04-2001 at 03:12 PM]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts