Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lined up next to a Corrado and smoked him. I had like 4 carlengths at the end of first gear and after that, it was over.

We stopped to talk in a parking lot and I, knowing nothing about Corrados, asked him what he had. He said that he had a 1.8L S/C with 158 hp and like 16? ft-lbs.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I saw a pretty stock looking Corrado on a trailer being towed with 10.(something) on the window in white. I don't know the right term, but that is the target time he was shooting for in the quarter and you get credit for getting close to your estimated time. Or at least that was what I was told then, I don't hang out at the track. Anyway I think stock you should be able to take them pretty easy. I looked them over after I saw that one and that's what i seem to remember, but the one on the trailer looked like a nasty sleeper if it really touched to 10.something area.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hey YZF, when you going to get a GT? Still contemplating?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i've heard good things about the vr6. the supercharged 1.8, not so good things at all since they are interference engines and their timing belts are known for busting. vr6's, yeah they're nice, 174 horses, nice looking and fast. still, nice kill.

·
Registered
85 Posts
my friend's got a 93 corrado VR6, and i was in the car with him, and he smoked my friend's Integra Type R. The corrado's got exhaust, intake. My fds Type R's got the computer chip, and exhaust.

·
Registered
332 Posts
4 car lengths in first gear!!! Jeez you smoked him. I really thought those supercharges corrados did just a tick slower than our turbos.

·
Registered
416 Posts
hey guys, not trying to discredit this story, but one of my buddied has a stock superchargted corrado, and at the track it runs mid 15's all day....just a statement

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
4 car lengths in first gear does sound strange to me. I've never seen a car with a shorter first gear than the MX6 GT. I'm lucky if I can get the car to go 4 car lengths before I shift into second.

Don't want to discredit your story though. Good Kill. Sometimes with the GT it just seems like shooting fish in a barrel, doesn't it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Maybe the distance was 4 car lengths because the corrago was still stopped at the light.
Just joking around.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Speaking of first gear in the GT. It is the only car that I've ever driven that will lay a strip under 2500 rpm, start to grip and then break the tires loose again after about 4000 rpm in first gear. That's cool and all but someties I wish 1st and 2nd were a little taller.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The reason our cars start to break loose again at around 4000 is because of the power band in our machines. Peak torque of 190 is at 3500 and peak HP of 145 is at 4300.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rbodeman said:
4 car lengths in first gear!!! Jeez you smoked him. I really thought those supercharges corrados did just a tick slower than our turbos.
Yeah, that might not be exactly right. I've said before that I'm absolutely godawful at estimating my leads.

It felt like four, but one of you guys said that they can't even get it to go four carlengths in first, so I'm probably wrong, but I do remember really getting out and having a good size lead after 1st.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts