Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for 2nd Genners...

I was wondering if anyone had rewired their front turn signals so the brighter filament in the bulb turn on as a running light and goes dim to bight for the turn signal (like the new corvettes). I'd like to do this but have been unsuccessful so far. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
not that i know of but it probably reqires a relay or something, if you figure it out let us know!

·
Registered
136 Posts
uh i did that temporarily but my bulb got WAY too hot so I decided not to do it anymore.. what I did was buy those quick connectors and take the bulb holder apart from the wire connector and then just swap the 2 power wires.. it was real easy to do but my hyperwhite bulb was sooo hot after that and I didn't want it busting open.. it looks a lot nicer though i must admit..

jason

OOPS: I just realised u said u wanted it dim when you flash.. hmm not sure if you can do that without relay like he said.. I'll look at the wiring diagrams and try to find something out if u really wanna do it..

[Edited by ATLien1222 on 11-05-2000 at 08:52 PM]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that would be great

Hey if you could look that up for me I would be very grateful. Right now I have switched the wires leading to the bulb mount and this works fine(it's very bright orange)... I also rewired the side markers so they now blink with the turn signal, but they are not very bright. I would like to find a way to have the turn signals in front go on bright as running lights, and also go from dim to bright as a turn signal. Maybe it will not work, but I like the way it looks so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts