Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anything is possible with the right amount of time and/or money. I think targa tops just look wicked on probes, i could see a 6 with one too. That convertible pic has always reminded me of a chrylser sebring.
matt

·
Registered
921 Posts
A good example is on the 300z. Where you can romove pieces attached to the roof.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i actually spoke to someone who does custom work on cars. he quoted me R70000 which is roughly US$8000

G

·
look mate, get your hacksaw out and go nuts
wont cost a thing!

no seriously
it wouldnt be too difficult to achieve this
take the roof off, shorten the windscreen
bit of a tidy up and get a soft top made up thats stowable
upholsterer should be able to do it and just have fastenings along side and something a bit more serious along the front

i say go for it
itd look bloody sexy

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
definitely makes the mx6 look like a sebring convertible.. much less sexy IMO.

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
there would have to be some serious frame reinforcing for this to work. The body gets all it's strength from the roof line, were lucky to have sunroofs

·
Registered
56 Posts
this guy i met at an auto show in toronto told me how he was doin it man its gonna be soooo sweet keep your eyes open for pics

·
Registered
43 Posts
People say a convertible would subtract the from the sport that an mx-6 has, and i completely agree..But what about a HARD TOP convertible..I think that would look sweet

·
Registered
242 Posts
iLyK2EaTCiViCs said:
Wow is that real, looks photoshopped
It isn't a photoshop. It is actually a concept car that they tried to introduce to the Canadian market, but it was rejected. I think there was 2 concepts made.

I looks ok, it would look alot better with a spoiler. But they Hard top (T-top) idea sounds tight!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts