Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my first car really schmick~ass bright red mx6, im heaps impressed but im interested in having it lowered about 1.5~2 inches. does anyone know around how much this would cost, i realise diferent companies and stuff charge different im just after a general pricerange. thanks heaps and i love the choice cars on these pages!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just fitted 17 inch wheels and i'm chasing the same... most places i've spoken to will reset ur original springs for around $270 fitted... but with new heavy duty super low (make sure u specify super low - low is only a fraction, about 20mm, lower then standard) you'd be looking about $350....

a shock upgrade would be advisable aswell.... but depends on the condition of your existing ones... i'm thinking of holding off until i can afford the whole package including fully adjustable koni style shocks etc...

prolly better to spend the money saved already with whiteline on heavier sway bars... makes a big differance on the mx6... esp the 2.2 turbo...

do u have the generation 1 or 2?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or you could get a set of intrax lowering springs for about 200$ and then a set of tokico gas shocks for 400$. kinda expensive but youll like the nice ass ride with those babies.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My 1st gen MX6 sits pretty low. I hate it. I never have lowered it though.

It seems to have been lowered before...almost lining up my face perfectly even with the bumper of a truck/SUV, to aid in a sudden death if I get T-boned....Also makes bumps a lot more exciting...If you like to bounce.

How do you go about raising your car? How do you know if it has been lowered?

·
Registered
106 Posts
To lower your car, it will cost about 200 at a dealership. That is with 4 wheel alignment. So, around 400 with parts and install. As far as knowing if your car was lowered, take the wheel off and look at the spring. All aftermarket springs have the companys logo painted on them. As far as raising your car, it could simply be worn out springs, and you need a new set. If it is lowered or the springs are drooping, then just relplace them with factory springs, or used ones from a wrecked car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts