Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious. I know I own an RX-7, but I wanted to know if any of you guys have run up against the new Cougars. They are like the replacements of your guys' cars with similar engine plants. So I was just wondering if anyone has any kills.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cougars suck

I knew that they would suck the first time I saw one at a car show. The tachometer is mounted to the left of the speedometer, but it's not a complete circle. It's like they put down the tachometer & then the speedometer on top of it so that the right side of the tach is the left side of the speedometer. I don't know if they have changed this yet (I would hope that they did), but this setup doesn't allow space for a redline. I joked that you hit redline when the tach needle hits the speedometer, but sadly, it's probably true. I also don't think that the Cougar is a replacement for the MX-6. It doesn't look nearly as good, & from what I've heard, they aren't very fast either. Plus they almost certainly don't have Mazda engines, which is what defined the MX-6 & the Probe. I'm sure a 6 can beat a Cougar.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have raced many many coaugars around here in Lexington Ky, I blow there doors off EVERY time i race. They are slower than a Civic EX or no faster. They suck a big one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts