Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be dumb, but what does it do. I know my car needs one cause its pooched but where does it go, near the crank(cause of its name??) haha that would be really cool if someone could explain to me everything about it :D thanx (i dunno if i even spelt it right, angle/angel sensor???)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What is the # of the code? I think 93s have two crank sensors, one in the distributor and one near the crank pulley. The later V6s (95+) only have the one in the distributor.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
yip one is in the dizzy and the other is down on the bottom of the motor @ the drive pulley .. but the chances are it is the one in the dizzy.. pull Dem codes ( and yes a 93 is an Obi-Wan Kenobi)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sweet thanks a lot. We'll try that when we get the car in town.

Would it be better if we replaced the whole disty or jsut the sensor?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you dont know where it is and couldnt test it properly, then how do you know its 'pooched'?

there are 3 sensors.

NE1 NE2 and g signal...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Pull the codes than we can sort you out..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right now a buddy of mine has the car (surrealgt on these boards) cause i got the car from him and he said he would help me replace a few things. He checked the car out and said that i needed one. So i'm just getting some info on it cause thats the first time i've heard of that part so i want to educate myself b4 replacing it:D thanx guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts