Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 2.5 MX6, previous own did the HEI mod but i dont know if it was done right. I drove the car for about a year and then it stopped wanting to start. I have tested the starer (peace of mind) at Autozone, I have changed out the crank shaft pos sensor, replaced the distributor, and the MSD.
The car primes just fine when you turn the key. I can hear the pump and a loud buzz and then try to turn it over, but all it does it crank nothing more.
Any help would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Have you tested for spark? Tested the hei?

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the fuel pump doesn't prime on the v6 with the car in the ON position like some cars. It only starts running with the key in the START position.

That being said, check if you have any fuel pressure, and check if you have any spark. The HEI module could have failed.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm fairly certain that the fuel pump doesn't prime on the v6 with the car in the ON position like some cars. It only starts running with the key in the START position.

That being said, check if you have any fuel pressure, and check if you have any spark. The HEI module could have failed.
I changed the fuel filter today and gas is running out of the line. I checked it before I put the new one in and gas came out. The pump does prime when the key is in the ON position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
see if you getting compression..mines did that and it was compression loss...when you tumble look at the airflow and see if its being sucked in..if not you have a dead engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts